Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I need a white Cali in my life...

Pretty sure my tyres are Continental Vanco.

I think the bars and springs are a dealer fit, pretty sure those wheels would be as well. I don't think Hankook would be on the lost of factory tyres from VW.

TBH Hankook aren't bad tyres and you're hardly going to be tooling around at break neck speed. Just check on the load rating is for a van. Might be a talking point for price if they aren't :grin:

RNS510 is good, be careful with descriptions on the bay though as most for T5 are also the Touareg ones which are the wrong shape, you just want a standard MK5/6 Golf or Tiguan etc one. If you plan to fit Bluetooth make sure the RNS510 has the Phone button on the left side, some have Mute instead - Triviality as it still works as a phone button when coded.

I bought RNS510 brand new from a seller I've used before, a little more expensive but worth it IMHO. I think the steering wheel will be a normal MK6 etc one as well so I don't think you'll have issues there either - I can check later for you. Hopefully the airbag is the same and you'll just need a new airbag wiring loom which were around £20 last time I got one.

Again some cracking information cheers mate.

I've been on mk5gti forum for yrs and had a few RNS usually some great prices new and used.
Keep an eye out with your contacts for me mate. :thumb

Cheers for the links have to check them out when I get home. Work no like most websites :boohoo

Hmm paddles I'm not sure lol. Can just see my girls now...

"Daddy does the Cali have launch control??"....they love it lol!

I'm sooo excited. :barmy

Hmm, does the Cali DSG have Paddles??

No it doesn't, just the stick with manual setting on it push or pull up down.

Local van centre told me VW fit either Hankook or Goodyear tyres as OEM, which ever is best buy at time.

That's one of the best Cali's I have seen - white is a superb colour. Those wheels - the lowering and the side bars make it look so good :)

Very envious - it seems a fair price as well -:)

Now - black roof - chin spoiler.... lol

James

Andy said:
Hmm, does the Cali DSG have Paddles??

No it doesn't, just the stick with manual setting on it push or pull up down.

Local van centre told me VW fit either Hankook or Goodyear tyres as OEM, which ever is best buy at time.

Ah cheers mate.

More good info and has put my mind at rest a bit.

You look for any reason for it not to be genuine :doh

Custard said:
That's one of the best Cali's I have seen - white is a superb colour. Those wheels - the lowering and the side bars make it look so good :)

James

Thanks James.

I'm so excited and nervous also. Been messed around enough already...

Im getting married soon and hopefully this and my audi will be wedding cars :barmy :barmy

:thanks

Carrg said:
Custard said:

James

Thanks James.

Im getting married soon and hopefully this and my audi will be wedding cars :barmy :barmy

Great wedding cars and congratulations (for when it happens)!! :thumb

The white Cali's, in my view, look the best, that's why the white one on my fleet has my plate on it :thumb

Enjoy

Carrg said:
Custard said:

James

Thanks James.

Congrats

The White Cali would be my choice - I think it is easily one of the best colours.

Congrats on the wedding, and you too will be getting married in white :)

James

Congrats on both the cali & marraige!

Must be a common theme - also getting married, next march and have an white audi S5 - just need to persuade the future missus re; suitable wedding cars!!!

nezzler said:
Congrats on both the cali & marraige!

Must be a common theme - also getting married, next march and have an white audi S5 - just need to persuade the future missus re; suitable wedding cars!!!

Cheers Mate and Congrats too!!

Waiting for plate transfer before I can get my Cali.
Lots to organise and sort. In under four weeks :oops:

Was let down on an earlier purchase...

Come on mate prime opportunity for some pics of yours....please :barmy

[album]247[/album]

I'm afraid I've only got one on hand to upload at the mo - a bit of a miserable one of waiting to get towed out at Silverstone - should have got a 4motion!

Wheels need upgrading . . . .

Well picked up the Cali yesterday was a great day, stunning weather and the traffic (6hrs) was kind.

The Bus is stunning as new condition, shows no sign of use.
Was serviced at VW on the 15th and runs perfect really smooth.
It does feel like 3tonne tho...

We all sat in it till late last night in the drive lol. Kids up top they were so excited!
Still speechless the Cali is just amazing.

Had a nice drive to Mubbles today loads of traffic but relaxed, could sit in it all day..

A big thanks to all who helped with advice, chat and links! :thumb
The search was hard with some time wasters along the way but and we really wanted white.

Stu and Alex your advice was invaluable. Thank you :clap :clap

http://s39.photobucket.com/albums/e165/ ... alifornia/

Looks the business mate. An ideal candidate as post No2 in my new thread :thumb

It was a torturous path for you but in the end you got the prize :thumb

This was for sale in the Garage:

IMAG0614.jpg

:thumb

Stu said:

Lovely ;)

And I take it by the D plate and three door shell that's and original Cossie?

James

Custard said:
Stu said:

Lovely ;)

James

Thanks Mate :thumb

Oh yes RS500 nice but not as good as Bonkers collection. Trade Centre Wales owner well worth a google. If thats your thing his collection is amazing!

:D

Well done on the purchase, now to plan maiden voyage ! Enjoy it.

wheels look lush on the cali fella ...hope to see you soon on a meet :thumb

Carrg said:
Custard said:

James

Thanks Mate :thumb

Oh yes RS500 nice but not as good as Bonkers collection. Trade Centre Wales owner well worth a google. If thats your thing his collection is amazing!

:D

Brilliant that you're happy with yours. Now if I may get my anorak that "RS500" is missing the grilles in lieu of driving lights, a front splitter and it's on a D plate too, but it is still a thing of awesomeness to those of us old enough to have lusted after one back in the day.

Back