Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ice Cold Sparkling Water

California4x4

California4x4

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150 4Motion
After a 7-month deployment to Iraq in 2003, where the drinking water was chlorinated and hot coming from black plastic containers baking in the sun, I developed a rather strong craving for ice cold sparkling water.

This addiction comes with the potential to produce a lot of single use plastic. At home I have a soda stream and just make bubbles from filtered water. This KitchenAid unit is too big for the van.

Rather than buy and carry multiple bottles of sparkling water and dispose of them in often non-recycling rubbish bins along the way, I found a small Sodastream maker that has a removable top. I discarded the base. Voilà unlimited sparkling water currently filled with rather tasty Norwegian tap water. 360A586A-26A8-4BAA-98E1-D3AD6DC5F19A.jpeg
8ABE7685-8ED0-4DBF-B3E1-659706F7D30D.jpeg

B092B12A-FCA6-4961-BE70-3CB47BE706A2.jpeg

That looks really good and thanks for sharing. Please can you post a link to the model of sodastream? Like the neoprene sleeve as well - is that part of it?

I can’t see the machine on amazon but it is available on eBay, so I won’t place a link. It’s a Sodastream branded machine, the model is Genesis. Basically it’s the only thing I could find that broke down, so it was smaller. The neoprene sleeve, I can send a link for, as that was Amazon: https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B0728J4C6R/?tag=eliteelect-21

Thank you. Really kind and quick of you. Good way of cutting down on plastic bottles.

For those in the UK I have just bought the model recommended above from boots online for £40 delivered to store. It looks black but is actually quite a pleasant dark grey metallic.

Back