Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ideas for 2-3 week trip with a 4 year old

We also had our Neilson holiday cancelled to Greece (moves to next year) but have instead booked a crossing to France. We’ll be in the alps and then a week in the Ardèche as my 5 and 6 year old boys love playing in the rivers and found the campsites there to be very good. It’s also not quite as far as Spain but generally excellent weather. Sunêlia campsites have been very good for us. And we do still drive mostly overnight, parking in an aire for a few hours sleep and finish the drive in the morning. Kids are quite used to it now. This will be our first proper Cali camping trip as we always had a tent before.
Yes we have moved our to next year (both skiing and summer), never felt so organised! Ardeche and Alps sounds good. Where about do you btend to go? The Sunelia campsites look great.

We also had our Neilson holiday cancelled to Greece (moves to next year) but have instead booked a crossing to France. We’ll be in the alps and then a week in the Ardèche as my 5 and 6 year old boys love playing in the rivers and found the campsites there to be very good. It’s also not quite as far as Spain but generally excellent weather. Sunêlia campsites have been very good for us. And we do still drive mostly overnight, parking in an aire for a few hours sleep and finish the drive in the morning. Kids are quite used to it now. This will be our first proper Cali camping trip as we always had a tent before.
That is exactly how we like to drive - long distances late at night and in the early hours of the morning with our 5 and 6 year old fast asleep.

Tignes is great and has loads of stuff to do for free...

That is exactly how we like to drive - long distances late at night and in the early hours of the morning with our 5 and 6 year old fast asleep.

Out of interest, do you guys book sites or just wing it? I’m nervous with young ones of it all going wrong. Tired kids, tired parents and it being a bit stressful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Out of interest, do you guys book sites or just wing it? I’m nervous with young ones of it all going wrong. Tired kids, tired parents and it being a bit stressful!

Best to book in peak season, especially if you don't speak the local lingo.

We plan to go 14 August to 1 September but will book late. Eurotunnel prices have fallen in the last week, but at £440 return still far too high. Ferry is currently £230 return for those dates.

If there is to be a second wave, it is most likely to be in the winter when everyone is sputtering with the common cold. However, if a lockdown does occur while away I expect there will be an opportunity for people away from home to get home, and in a Cali you should be able to do so safely.
That's if you're well enough to travel/drive, Tom.

When we travelled around Europe we never booked, just phoned the campsite 1 or 2 hours before arrival.

For holidays we book. If you book late you can often find good deals such as 7 nights for the price of 5.

Yes we have moved our to next year (both skiing and summer), never felt so organised! Ardeche and Alps sounds good. Where about do you btend to go? The Sunelia campsites look great.
We will be in Morillon / Samoens which has great summer activities for young children. A fab lake in Morillon with a beach and swimming. Cycle tracks, go-ape from 2/3 years old, inflatables etc. Great parks and a lovely outdoor swimming pool.
In the Ardèche we will be back at Sunelia Domaine Les Ranchisses and then a couple of nights at a a new site for us in Vallon Pont D’arc.