Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Ikea Sunnersta: new features

Romke

Making the Most of our Coast
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Coast 150 4Motion
The Ikea Sunnersta rail has appeared in many posts here. The range has now been extended with new items that you may find handy. First, for those who already use the rail there is now a kitchen roll holder for just £1.50:

sunnersta-kitchen-roll-holder__0832806_PE777823_S5.JPG

If you don't have the rail yet there is now a complete starter kit for £3. For that money you get a rail with 4 hooks and 2 containers. If you already have one rail it's good to know that there's room for two of those rails.
sunnersta-rail-with-4-hooks-and-2-containers-white__0832809_PE777827_S5.JPG

There are several other new items as well; you'll find them on the Ikea site.

Finally, what you also need is Big Ted Printz' retainer clips, two for each rail. The set of 2 costs £10.00

Enjoy making you Cali better!

Didn't have this in last time I went (couple of weeks) but I did get the new shelf/tray. It's all plastic now so much better for the Cali. Much lighter than the previous coated steel and not likely to damage anything if it falls (depending on what you keep on it of course).

Didn't have this in last time I went (couple of weeks) but I did get the new shelf/tray. It's all plastic now so much better for the Cali. Much lighter than the previous coated steel and not likely to damage anything if it falls (depending on what you keep on it of course).

IKEA have changed the shelf from metal to plastic, better in some ways, but it is now smaller. Using the new plastic shelf leaves room for another storage pot. Picture for comparison.
580C7895-D82F-4DAA-83CD-69F94738D33C.jpeg

IKEA have changed the shelf from metal to plastic, better in some ways, but it is now smaller. Using the new plastic shelf leaves room for another storage pot. Picture for comparison.
View attachment 64767
I like the plastic shelf/tray better. Although smaller much less likely to damage the glass worktops if it falls. There's a kitchen roll holder too, but don't think I'll bother with that.

Glad they didn't mess the the attaching clip to the pot. Because it's deeper, flexi and really grips well you can use them in several ways in the van. I have 4 at the top of the wardrobe (@Auberg-ine 's idea) where we store things like Anthisan, Deep heat, Vicks vapour rub, etc - out of the way but easy to get to. First time using Bigted's rail brackets next week, but will also use the Ikea peg boards on the back of the passenger seat facing forward. You can put some Sunnersta pots on them too.

Last edited:
Other than via Facebook does anybody know where to buy the Big Ted Prinz Retainer Clips?

does anyone have any photos of them fitted and what is Big Ted Prinz Retainer Clips?
Thank you

does anyone have any photos of them fitted and what is Big Ted Prinz Retainer Clips?
Thank you
Initially, last year I requested that Bigted make some clips. He researched it and made some prototypes that didn't work as we wanted them to. Anyway, he continued to develop a design and the retaining clips just keep the bracket attached to the Sunnerster rail so it can't slip off.

Look at message ~#77 in this threadfor pics and explanation from @Bigted

He's a very nice bloke and really helpful. If you PM him will answer your questions.

Initially, last year I requested that Bigted make some clips. He researched it and made some prototypes that didn't work as we wanted them to. Anyway, he continued to develop a design and the retaining clips just keep the bracket attached to the Sunnerster rail so it can't slip off.

Look at message ~#77 in this threadfor pics and explanation from @Bigted

He's a very nice bloke and really helpful. If you PM him will answer your questions.
Thanks for the positive feedback Elly!

Ian

Back