Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

I'm getting flashed... and not in a good way either!!!

Well I do a short flash just to show that not running on a high beam and they keep flashing back like crazy. A puzzle what's in driver's head. Most probably a brick.

The best way to test them, is to park around a meter away from a wall, and activate and de-activate the travel mode in your lights and vision setting. The left hand beam should move up and down around an inch or two. This didn't work for me last week, but now that VW sorted on Saturday it works. Thinking technically, if the auto leveling isnt working then the lights must go to a default setting, which blinds people!
It is pretty visible most times when you drive that left side is lower than right one or viceversa for weird countries :)))

Hi Folks,
Just an update re being flashed. I’ve noticed we don’t seem to be getting flashes these days. Not sure why? Maybe VW quitely adjusted the beams, maybe the brightness has dimmed as the van approaches 3yrs (time flies) or something else? The only thing I would add is the LED lights are excellent and although annoying at first I wouldn’t change them. On our trip back from Hook Head lighthouse (vid on Youtube) they really came into their own - a moonless night on unlit country roads - they were a god send.

Well I do a short flash just to show that not running on a high beam and they keep flashing back like crazy. A puzzle what's in driver's head. Most probably a brick.
If the other driver has a “brick” in his head I dread to think what they think you have in yours.:shocked

It's even worse when you are driving abroad. We have Xenons, and whilst driving in Portugal and Spain, we were flashed by oncoming drivers all the time. Again, flashing back with full beam demonstrates that you are already dipped. It is sometimes hard to accept VW's assurance that Xenon dipped headlights are central and not adjustable to either side.

I had my Xenons adjusted by main dealer to level about 21/2 years ago . No problems abroad . They weren’t level initially .

Adjusted mine down. Haven't been flashed since.