Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

First night away in new Ocean, good points and questions

When we got our Ocean three years ago one of the first great tips I read on here was a cheap solution for seat covers using micro fibre travel towels. The fabric of the towel means it stays on the seats and absorbs moisture or dirt, they look nice enough and they're dead easy to take off and wash every trip. We bought large ones, total cost was about thirtyd quid, been very happy with them.
I also has taken 2 xxl decathlon microtowels for the 2-seat bench en stitched them with a waterproof fabric. I have make a hole in the middle for the lockers form the seat belts so we can fasten the dog. We can choose with site we use (towelsite or waterproof site). Verry happy with them.

So, had a great night away in Luxembourg at the weekend, the first in our new Cali. First up, our previous van, a UK converted Renault Trafic always made us feel like we were travelling business class, we loved it. This is like first class though!

My favourite points (concentrating on the camping, the van is awesome to drive, never knew I'd love an automatic so much!):

• The heater - wow, doesn't take long to get toasty warm
  • The beds - soooooo comfy, and the upstairs lights are a great addition
  • The space, despite being smaller (I think) than our trafic it just feels so much bigger
  • Ease of setting everything up

View attachment 100901
Now for a couple of questions to hopefully make things even better:

The front window blinds aren't great in my opinion, don't have total coverage (although not a problem at this time of year) and a pain as have to lean chairs forward to fit. Was thinking of a windscreen cover, have seen different ones ranging from €50-200, what can anyone recommend. Looking on Amazon some people had put that water came in from the doors when they were attached.

Seat covers - I don't want to spend a fortune completely recovering the chairs so ideally would want one of the dog covers for the rear bench. Looking online though I can't find any that are the right size as the rear bench is obviously nowhere near the same dimensions as a normal car rear seat - does anyone have any tips on this?

Overall though, really impressed, which I'm glad of because let's face it, they aren't cheap!!
The best colour/wheel combo in my opinion. Very nice :)

For the seat covers, I would get the genuine VW waterproof ones and sell on the front covers if you don’t need them. They are great if you have a dog! They are £200 on eBay.

If you don’t want to use the internal windscreen blinds, you could get the Beach version which is the same material as the front window blinds. Works well for us :)

Hi, do the internal window covers prevent condensation? And do the airbags still work with seat covers fitted?
Holly
Window covers/insulation reduces/stops condensation forming on the window but the moisture will still condense somewhere else cold. The solution is ventilation and heat.