Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Incleboro Fields Caravan Club site, North Norfolk

Maud

Maud

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Just spent 5 nights on the Incleboro Fields CC site - my first with Ariadne but the fourth time I have stayed on the site (in a touring caravan previously). This is a large site, spread out into lots of different areas, some with views of the sea, some in small areas that feel like a CL for just a few campers/motorhomes and others in more open areas. Walking from site is brilliant, especially for those with dogs (although ticks are unfortunately an issue, due to the surrounding heathland). Lovely sandy beaches, Felbrigg Hall, the Norfolk Shire Horse Centre all on your doorstep and the golf club/hotel on the edge of the site is open to all for meals (though I haven't used it personally). Toilets and showers are the usual CC standard. The site is so spread out that you can set up on a different area each time and feel like you are on a different site; I will certainly be returning. There are a few serviced hardstanding pitches but the majority are on grass and pitch sizes vary from adequate to enormous. One warning though; level pitches are limited so I would say that levelling blocks are a must.

Maud P5280164.JPGP5280180.JPG P5280181.JPG P5310246.JPG P5310239.JPG

I quite often stay on the C&CC club site just above this one. (West Runton I think it is called).
I usually drive off first thing in the morning and park in the coastal carpark at West Runton beach. £4 for the day. I'm usually the first to park and the last to leave, cooking all my meals perched on the cliff top. Great walks on the beach to Sheringham and Cromer. There is a Lidl close by for wine bargains and topping up with pasta etc.

Yes, that's right, West Runton - the C&CC site is adjacent to the CC one and footpaths intertwine round the two. I have walked down to West Runton beach from the site a few times with the dogs but haven't used the carpark. I will have to drive down on my next visit :)

Hi maud

Great pictures glad you had a good trip. We have just come back from three nights at the Manor Farm campsite in East Runton which is near Cromer Thursday to Sunday just gone. The campsite was great, new very clean shower and toilet blocks, loads of places to hide away behind trees. Sea view and loads of space. We used our levelling blocks but there are a lot of flat pitches, some with hook up which we didn't bother with. Also it's dog friendly which is great for us.

Lovely area, we went on the steam train to Holt on Friday when it was raining and hired a day boat from Wroxham and chugged around the Norfolk broads for an afternoon stopping at a lovely pub in the boat in the sun on Saturday.

Had some nice crabs which Cromer is famous for and good fish and chips.

Great area to explore. We're from Sussex and always headed west before but thought we would try North East. Would recommend the campsite and the area generally.

It was our first proper trip in the new Cali and it was ace! Went with another family who were in our old tent. They got a bit cold at night but My wife and I and our young children and dog were toasty with the heater on in the camper.

Needed a few days to recover though after three vey late nights around the bbq used as a camp fire when the children were In bed. I was most impressed at the cali fridge's capacity to chill huge amounts of booze plus some milk and food!

Cheers Phil

Good to know those places, I'm living in Norwich but don't know pretty well the area. These places are very sutable to me to be on weekends.

Last week I've been in Bungay's camp site, which are next to a golf course where it's nice to walk.

Just spent 5 nights on the Incleboro Fields CC site - my first with Ariadne but the fourth time I have stayed on the site (in a touring caravan previously). This is a large site, spread out into lots of different areas, some with views of the sea, some in small areas that feel like a CL for just a few campers/motorhomes and others in more open areas. Walking from site is brilliant, especially for those with dogs (although ticks are unfortunately an issue, due to the surrounding heathland). Lovely sandy beaches, Felbrigg Hall, the Norfolk Shire Horse Centre all on your doorstep and the golf club/hotel on the edge of the site is open to all for meals (though I haven't used it personally). Toilets and showers are the usual CC standard. The site is so spread out that you can set up on a different area each time and feel like you are on a different site; I will certainly be returning. There are a few serviced hardstanding pitches but the majority are on grass and pitch sizes vary from adequate to enormous. One warning though; level pitches are limited so I would say that levelling blocks are a must.

Maud View attachment 8530View attachment 8532 View attachment 8533 View attachment 8534 View attachment 8535

Looks like a nice site not tried it out yet but intend to shortly. Have you tried Seacroft, closer to Cromer, it is a lovely site, walking distance to town and the beaches, and has a small club house that serves lovely meals, well worth a visit, usual Caravan Club standard. Also just opened serviced pitches on a new area within, a little more expensive but much nicer, larger pitches and sea views.

Another thing I have learnt with the Caravan club sites is that trying to book online frequently shows sites as being fully booked, however 99% of the time if you ring the site direct they have spaces, keeping up to 10% back, so don't rely on the online booking, never failed us yet.

Thought I might try Suffolk for a change - anyone stayed at Jaywick? :thumb

Jaywick is essex not Suffolk - don't you watch benefits by the sea? worth watching an episode before you book.

We also rate Incleborough. Good walking and cycling around there. Walked to Holt one day and then got the train back - nice day out. But done many more around the area.

One of the nice things about Incleborough which someone else mentioned is that it's almost several different sites in one. We generally go right round and stop on the two old fairways. There are some nice spots at the top end of these which are quite private, 2 or 3 pitches in a clearing in the trees.

Personally I'd rather be nearer Sheringham than Cromer, so would stay here rather than Seacroft.

Nice area though, like going back in time.

We have stayed at both the Caravan Club & Camping & Caravan Club sites great area will go back for sure sometime. The quality of food on the North Norfolk coastline is fab from farm shops to road side strawberry sellers. There was a small butchers in West Runton village near the cc site where the meat was the best we have ever tasted & if you like fish try "Cookies" near Salthouse.

I quite often stay on the C&CC club site just above this one. (West Runton I think it is called).
I usually drive off first thing in the morning and park in the coastal carpark at West Runton beach. £4 for the day. I'm usually the first to park and the last to leave, cooking all my meals perched on the cliff top. Great walks on the beach to Sheringham and Cromer. There is a Lidl close by for wine bargains and topping up with pasta etc.
Hope you and Rosie are well, not seen you there yet this year, we now head for this cliff top too ,since you shared it with us……Think we should keep it quiet , so we have it all to ourselves !! :))

Looks like a nice site not tried it out yet but intend to shortly. Have you tried Seacroft, closer to Cromer, it is a lovely site, walking distance to town and the beaches, and has a small club house that serves lovely meals, well worth a visit, usual Caravan Club standard. Also just opened serviced pitches on a new area within, a little more expensive but much nicer, larger pitches and sea views.

Another thing I have learnt with the Caravan club sites is that trying to book online frequently shows sites as being fully booked, however 99% of the time if you ring the site direct they have spaces, keeping up to 10% back, so don't rely on the online booking, never failed us yet.
Interesting tip that, will give it a go next time I have no luck on line. They get quite a few that don't turn up too. We were at Godrevey bay last year that I eventually managed to book online. We were suprised when the warden told us that people book for full weeks but just don't show up. This means often worth asking on site even though they should be full.

Handy thread this! Just finished planning a week in Norfolk and will now be spending part of it at Incleboro thanks to this helpful review. Ta!

Maud View attachment 8530View attachment 8532 View attachment 8533 View attachment 8534 View attachment 8535
Thanks Maud, really good and helpful review!

Back