Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Indoor, breathable California cover

66tim99

66tim99

Super Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Looking for a product recommendation please.
I don’t want to cover my Cali parked in the basement car park of my flat, but foxes are now getting in and sitting on cars. Despite me pulling the front bumper very close to the wall, they have been on my pride and joy and others have reported damage.
I don’t want an outdoor, waterproof etc one, as I want it to be as breathable as possible. I’d also like to be able to access the van (preferably the side sliding door) without taking the cover off.
The club shop doesn’t seem to sell them.
Have you seen one?

Looking for a product recommendation please.
I don’t want to cover my Cali parked in the basement car park of my flat, but foxes are now getting in and sitting on cars. Despite me pulling the front bumper very close to the wall, they have been on my pride and joy and others have reported damage.
I don’t want an outdoor, waterproof etc one, as I want it to be as breathable as possible. I’d also like to be able to access the van (preferably the side sliding door) without taking the cover off.
The club shop doesn’t seem to sell them.
Have you seen one?
I’d be less worried about keeping foxes off the top & more worried about them getting under the van. The wiring has something in it that they seem to like.

Can’t you just put something like a decorators dust sheet over the bonnet, tuck it under the wipers at the top end. There’s not a lot else they can sit on.

I’d be less worried about keeping foxes off the top & more worried about them getting under the van. The wiring has something in it that they seem to like.

Can’t you just put something like a decorators dust sheet over the bonnet, tuck it under the wipers at the top end. There’s not a lot else they can sit on.
Good point on the wiring. Wonder what I can do to reduce the likelihood of that.
They are sitting on the roof sometimes - the cover won’t prevent dents but should reduce likelihood of scratches to bonnet and roof. I hope the roof is robust enough to prevent dents from a pair of foxes…

I believe the Protec cover is breathable and well rated.

Is there a way of preventing/ deterring the foxes from entering in the first place? Assume they are coming in for shelter

Back