Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Protec Cover

Paulro

Paulro

VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I posted here a few months ago with pictures showing my newly purchased but vandalised Protec cover.
I saw this company featured on Dragon's Den and their breathable, waterproof fabric looked very good.
I was asked to review the cover and now, after 4 months of especially wet weather I can inform you that this product is exceptional.
Sadly I have to leave my Cali outside on the street in Clifton, Bristol. It's very lovely and I want to try and keep it that way so I washed and waxed it and pretty much put it under cover for the winter.
I took the cover off on the weekend and it was very pleasing to see that the van was completely dry and has been untouched by the rain.
The cover is light, has an entrance door on the side for easy access into the vehicle and once the straps are attached is well wrapped up and not prone to flapping around in the wind.
Overall I'd give it 10 out of 10.
The covers are not cheap, around £400 but because they are breathable there's no condensation, no pockets of water on the roof, it's just completely dry.
For those who are considering a cover I'd thoroughly recommend Protec.
Oh and when my cover was damaged by vandals they had the cover collected from my home, repaired it by sewing in a brand new side, shipped it back to me all for £75.
I had it back inside 5 days.
Brilliant.

I saw your original post and am pleased

1. that the cover is working well to protect your van
2. it has not been "attacked again"

I second this recommendation had one for the Split..have one on the Puck..but not yet bought one for the Cali (its on the list)

Back