Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inflatable mattress in pop top

M

mrkjd

Lifetime VIP Member
I read the 2022 post re storing an inflatable mattress in the pop top and opinions were mixed. I am considering doing this with the 100mm thick Outdorr Revolution mattress fully replacing the OEM mattress.

My thinking is that even if it starts to partially inflate it can only do so to it equalise at atmospheric pressure and this likely wouldn’t be enough to damage the roof. Can others verify that they have done this successfully, or conversely, has anybody seen a roof damaged by an inflatable mattress?

Put a thin Cali specific mattress in the roof once of our old beach, closed the roof carefully but had tiny resistance at the end of the close, pulled slightly.

Got out the van and ithad caused two small creases by the rear scissor mech, banged them out with a rubber hammer.

Decided it wasn’t a good idea!

I did this, no problem for 6 months. but then started to slowly inflate over maybe a week. Mattress is currently back with Outdoor Revolution for testing. Don’t forget mattress does have compressed memory foam in it so it does push on the roof if it expands. Not sure enough to cause damage but who knows.

Back