Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Upstairs mattress (again, sorry).

Pete M

Pete M

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
I'm getting more and more fed up with the room 2 Duvalay's take up.
We tried the mattress topper and didn't get on with that and the OE unit isn't thick enough for by bony shoulders and hips.

Do you think and inflatable camping mattress underneath the original is a possible solution, It could even be left in situ with the roof down once deflated I'm guessing?

Do you think and inflatable camping mattress underneath the original is a possible solution, It could even be left in situ with the roof down once deflated I'm guessing?

Hi, My van isn’t a VW, however, I have a reimo pop up roof and use two single therma rest mats on top of the original mattress, they are very comfortable (still take up a fair bit of space rolled up).

Haven’t left them in situ when folding the roof down so cannot offer any experience on that aspect.

I’ve recently been looking at cheaper inflatable mats, there is a double sold under the ‘trail’ brand name which folds in half when deflated, It takes up a similar space to one of my single therma rest when it’s rolled up (55x20cm for the 5cm thickness mat).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back