Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Infotainment nav issue.

G

Gordon and Lynn

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204
This is probably very basic, but, how do you turn the navigation off when finished with?

Not quite sure what you mean but on the Discover Media Pro you can turn the Infotainment system off by pressing and holding the on/off switch briefly. I assume it’s the same for the standard Discover Media version?
(FYI A long hold of 10 seconds resets the system).
But most people would just choose something else from the Menu i.e. Radio or App Connect rather than having a black screen.

Not quite sure what you mean but on the Discover Media Pro you can turn the Infotainment system off by pressing and holding the on/off switch briefly. I assume it’s the same for the standard Discover Media version?
(FYI A long hold of 10 seconds resets the system).
But most people would just choose something else from the Menu i.e. Radio or App Connect rather than having a black screen.
Thanks for that, I was a bit vague though. My California is fitted with the 9.2" version and while I have, sort of, found my way around I can't find how to stop the route from still appearing in the instrument cluster. It just appeared and has stayed there. I suppose that is better than the tyre pressure indicator which I also couldn't get rid of. Modern technology, aagh!!

The right hand set of controls on the steering wheel allow you to scroll through various displays, including what you see in the digital cockpit.

The right hand set of controls on the steering wheel allow you to scroll through various displays, including what you see in the digital cockpit.
Never thought of that, thanks, I will have a play.

You were absolutely right. Thanks again. Now, if you have the winning lottery numbers for Saturday that would complete my day. Gordon

This is probably very basic, but, how do you turn the navigation off when finished with?
Do you mean stop the route guidance? If you have voice control, just say 'stop navigation'. Otherwise, if you touch the icon with the three bars, you get the option to stop guidance.

IMG_2996.jpg

IMG_2997.jpg

Do you mean stop the route guidance? If you have voice control, just say 'stop navigation'. Otherwise, if you touch the icon with the three bars, you get the option to stop guidance.

View attachment 105222

View attachment 105223
Thank you for that. I have now had 2 problems solved. It's a great community. Had a VW Tiguan before the Cali and thing's were set up differently.

Back