Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Insect screens

parrots mum

Life at the Edinburgh CC
Vehicle
T5 SE 140
Which way do these fit on?? Had a look at mine today in anticipation of warmer weather !!
Better to ask than ruin them.
Thanks
Di

It took me a while to figure this, I started out fixing it from outside - but learnt that this was wrong.

You slide open the window about a third. Then slide the screen through the newly formed gap from the INSIDE of the vehicle, sliding it until almost completely covering the open window, then guide the lugs between the trim

You may need to go outside to push the screen "home" at the open end of the window as the screen tends to stick out too far. Then push the screen slightly back towards the rear of the vehicle to locate the lugs at the other end of the screen inside of the trim

If you do it right you can then operate the sliding window, but you will not be able to fully close it.

It works quite well, when you gave the knack. The window will now leak if it rains, so consider extending you awning a bit to solve this.

Would like to say, where do you store them when not using them :?:
If not done so,i found they fit nicely in with the folding chairs in tailgate :cool:

Folding chair space is great for a topper and external screen cover. The insect screens lie flat in the underseat drawer. It's a pity they cannot stay in place all the time though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Andy80F said:
Folding chair space is great for a topper and external screen cover. The insect screens lie flat in the underseat drawer. It's a pity they cannot stay in place all the time though.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

That's where I used to keep mine till I discovered that one had been holed. Will fit under top bed mattress.

I keep my insect screens under the rear boot cushion thingy...out of the way

BerndRos said:
I keep my insect screens under the rear boot cushion thingy...out of the way

That's a good place, will move my one non holed one to there.

I put both screens in with the chairs AND topper and screen cover. All goes in fine.

GuyB said:
I put both screens in with the chairs AND topper and screen cover. All goes in fine.

Same with me. Although I suspect the extra weight along with the bike rack is the reason why many complain about the sagging tailgate. :lol:

Andy

Goldie said:
Same with me. Although I suspect the extra weight along with the bike rack is the reason why many complain about the sagging tailgate. :lol:

Andy

I don't have a bike rack and mine still needs a little help!

I have tried to fit these a number of times and I don't think I have got it right yet, i don't seem to be able to do anything that stops the screen from just been pushed towards the back of the vehicle. Is this normal or am i getting something wrong?

I know they don't really offer any security as they're made from flimsy plastic and you could probably use your finger nails to break in, but it doesn't seem right that you can just slide to one side.

Any help instructions, pictures etc. would be appreciated.

Thanks

Gilesyboy

If you look at the screens it should say "front" on one side. Rightly or wrongly when fitting them from inside the van I have them so the writing is on the inside and nearer the front seats if that makes sense. They seem to fit ok if I do that.

And I'm pretty sure they will slide when they're fitted correctly? A feature not a fault

ChrisandPenney52 said:
And I'm pretty sure they will slide when they're fitted correctly? A feature not a fault
Yes I think you are correct, at least mine did last time I used them.

Thanks for all the advice. I managed to fit them OK. Once you know what you're doing it's quite easy.

We should have a YouTube channel for all this kind of thing. I had a terrible job turning the front seat round until someone posted a video on youtube for me.

Back