Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inside the Hotel California , for your eyes only....!...

• Thread starter Hotel California
  • Start date
So , heard many here say ,,i have these bits and things stuffed there , i always take this with me , where do you guys put this,....
Therefor an small insight in my Hotel California , for your eyes only sh#t.....!
View attachment 7639
Kitchen unit to the right, rebuilt to fit the porta potti , yes we can! No it don't smells!
Drawer filled with cultery
On the shelf some plastic boxes containing : theebags , sugar , candybars , minute soup,...
On side of unit , brandrup storeagebags , one holds ....and here it comes....!....
Plastic bags we use as litter/ waste bags , as we NOT carry a waste bin....see tread on waste bin on the forum ! My oh my some comments;)
the other bag holds a net i can attatch between the two front seats preventing our doggy to install herself on the front seats when she's home allone....

View attachment 7640

Kitchen unit to the left
Under , removed the plastic round cap in the leftside wall to give more cooling to fridge engine and 220-12v transformer ( mine sits there , some of you recenter models it sits on top of the battery in the booth)
Anti slip mat on the bottom
Smal washsinks (2 x fits in oneanother , small cookingpot , some tupperwareboxes

View attachment 7641
Above , plastic plates, etc....waterketle , two collapseble bowls with small holes ( for draining pasta or use as fruitbowl,...) smal plank for cutting bread or meat
A very nice coffeemuck!....
At the back on top of the waste water tank , a rol of plastic disposeble drinking cups and a holder with tin foill ( difficult to spot ...)
View attachment 7642
Above the fridge , brandrup storage
Small botlle soap for hands , one small botlle soap for dishes , sunprotection cream and handprotectioncream
In the one on top sits salt,pepper,species
View attachment 7643
Bech drawer filled with stuff.....we put in more tin cans , food ect...when taking off

View attachment 7644
Under the right front seat , just pull out the plstic trim at the back
View attachment 7645
Right seat at the front , replaced the extiungisher from in between the front seats to front right seat
Beware mine is a LEFT hand drive
Under seat , fluo- vests
View attachment 7646
Brandrup side bench pocket holds dog leich and safety harnass to put on while driving
So , heard many here say ,,i have these bits and things stuffed there , i always take this with me , where do you guys put this,....
Therefor an small insight in my Hotel California , for your eyes only sh#t.....!
View attachment 7639
Kitchen unit to the right, rebuilt to fit the porta potti , yes we can! No it don't smells!
Drawer filled with cultery
On the shelf some plastic boxes containing : theebags , sugar , candybars , minute soup,...
On side of unit , brandrup storeagebags , one holds ....and here it comes....!....
Plastic bags we use as litter/ waste bags , as we NOT carry a waste bin....see tread on waste bin on the forum ! My oh my some comments;)
the other bag holds a net i can attatch between the two front seats preventing our doggy to install herself on the front seats when she's home allone....

View attachment 7640

Kitchen unit to the left
Under , removed the plastic round cap in the leftside wall to give more cooling to fridge engine and 220-12v transformer ( mine sits there , some of you recenter models it sits on top of the battery in the booth)
Anti slip mat on the bottom
Smal washsinks (2 x fits in oneanother , small cookingpot , some tupperwareboxes

View attachment 7641
Above , plastic plates, etc....waterketle , two collapseble bowls with small holes ( for draining pasta or use as fruitbowl,...) smal plank for cutting bread or meat
A very nice coffeemuck!....
At the back on top of the waste water tank , a rol of plastic disposeble drinking cups and a holder with tin foill ( difficult to spot ...)
View attachment 7642
Above the fridge , brandrup storage
Small botlle soap for hands , one small botlle soap for dishes , sunprotection cream and handprotectioncream
In the one on top sits salt,pepper,species
View attachment 7643
Bech drawer filled with stuff.....we put in more tin cans , food ect...when taking off

View attachment 7644
Under the right front seat , just pull out the plstic trim at the back
View attachment 7645
Right seat at the front , replaced the extiungisher from in between the front seats to front right seat
Beware mine is a LEFT hand drive
Under seat , fluo- vests
View attachment 7646
Brandrup side bench pocket holds dog leich and safety harnass to put on while driving
Hotel California did you have do drill holes to refit the shelf over the porta potti ? If so is it fairly straight forward

@BiLiGe , need to drill new holes a bit higher than the existing ones , no hard work only need to be carefull not to drill all the way thru the panel but just one part of the "sandwich" panel .

I used to love The Beverly Hillbillies.

@BiLiGe , need to drill new holes a bit higher than the existing ones , no hard work only need to be carefull not to drill all the way thru the panel but just one part of the "sandwich" panel .
I have a problem there since the holes on a T6 are no longer round they changed the cupboard shelf holders , if you want to raise the shelf you need to buy shelf holders in T5 style with round holes.

Box nr2
Holds longer hookup cable , collapseble bucket , small gas stove , expandeble waterjerrycan,...

View attachment 7662 View attachment 7664

Then there are the two other boxes witch we fill with shoes , dogfood ,anything that fits.....
They fit in the booth , shelf in lowest position
umbrellas on the left side within direct reach...
May I please ask what boxes and where from please?

@CaliGem , i got mine thru work but they are very common and sold in lots of onlineshops...
Try some google , i'm from Belgium so you better look for UK sites
IMG_1445.PNG

I have a problem there since the holes on a T6 are no longer round they changed the cupboard shelf holders , if you want to raise the shelf you need to buy shelf holders in T5 style with round holes.

I didnt have to drill new holes in my T6 they were already there. I just pulled the 4 plastic supports out and pushed them into the pre drilled holes above. Relocated the shelf really straightforward.

I didnt have to drill new holes in my T6 they were already there. I just pulled the 4 plastic supports out and pushed them into the pre drilled holes above. Relocated the shelf really straightforward.

The T5 is diffrent and had less holes to relocate the shelves

Awesome thread. Some great tips there.

Then they must have changed this after 2016.. good for you, thanks for the info.

Got a new gadget.....
Wanted to post a picture last night when it was dark but it showed nothing but bright light ....
4B05773B-254A-4310-B18A-6AF946F5D5A2.jpeg
B1BFED72-3C19-41F4-9DED-718A07EA6120.jpeg

HC can I ask how the Brandrup utility pockets fix to the van...?
I am pondering a set of these on the rear cupboard.

View attachment 7665
Again brandrup storage holds small things

View attachment 7666
The brandrup storage to the left under in booth agianst unit that holds gasbotle

Above holds hook-up cable , a short one
Below holds the attatches for the roof cover , the air vent for booth door , ...

View attachment 7667
Roofcover and outside window insulation stuffed in the folding seats

View attachment 7668

On the shelf a bag ( heritage from my LR Freelander , used to hold the glas roof panels of the cabriotop) now carries the two front window airvents
View attachment 7669View attachment 7670View attachment 7671

@soulstyledevon ,
they come with velcro fixing , on the pockets itself sewed on and the other part adesive to put on where you like it .

Are they worth buying...?
No issues with the Velcro peeling away...?

Are they worth buying...?
No issues with the Velcro peeling away...?

The adesive side came away after a few years , i think normal after a while and the heat that builds up in a Car .
I simply removed the old tape , cleaned and applied new tape.
See here
They are expencive , sometimes they show up in the for sale section second hand

Back