Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Parts for blackout curtain

Roar

Roar

Vehicle
T5 Cali on order
I have lost a plastic part to the diaphragm on the sliding door, Right side. It holds the curtain in its slot and I assume that it also keeps the curtain in position. Without this plastic part, it is not possible to hold the curtain in position, it just slides up.

Does anyone know if it is possible to obtain this plastic part?
VW dealer cannot obtain this one piece of plastic (see photo), so I have to buy all the plastic parts that are on the B post.
This costs in Norway the EU 350.-

U 350.-4524745248

That piece is just part of the trim and not functional.
The blind is held down by friction between the sides of the aluminum runner behind this. The blind is guided down by the thin wire in the centre.

My door blind wouldn't stay down so I gently squeezed the sides of the track at the bottom together a little so it was gripped more firmly. Would be easier to do without the trim, although does look a little unsightly.

Alan

That piece is just part of the trim and not functional.
The blind is held down by friction between the sides of the aluminum runner behind this. The blind is guided down by the thin wire in the centre.

My door blind wouldn't stay down so I gently squeezed the sides of the track at the bottom together a little so it was gripped more firmly. Would be easier to do without the trim, although does look a little unsightly.

Alan
Strangely enough I have done the same - the plastic edging caught in my trouser pocket whilst I stepped down from cleaning awning housing. And true enough my blind now will not stay down but raises about 3”. I’ll try squeezing the track sides together a little to see what happens. I’ll then glue bit of plastic back on.

If you still have the piece, I would glue it back in place.
If you lost it, you can't put it back in place of course.
I have seen more vehicles without those pieces. And if I feel them, they are not going to get loose soon (I hope).

Too bad VW only sells the whole b pillar plastic part instead of all the pieces apart.

Thanks for the help.
I thought the plastic part helped keep the curtain in position. I was keen to buy these very expensive plastic parts.
So, the advice from AlavC was very helpful. I saved a lot of money.
Thanks again

Yes: Too bad VW only sells the whole b pillar plastic part.

Strangely enough I have done the same - the plastic edging caught in my trouser pocket whilst I stepped down from cleaning awning housing. And true enough my blind now will not stay down but raises about 3”. I’ll try squeezing the track sides together a little to see what happens. I’ll then glue bit of plastic back on.

Hello again.

I used rubber glue. It is viscous and thus I managed to make a usable replacement solution. But my blind will not stay down either. Then I used Gaffa Tape and with it I made the plastic on the blind, which goes inside the track to the blind, a little thicker. It seems to work well and the tape is not visible either.

Roar

Back