Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inspection reminder message on a 2022 California

duelago

duelago

Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Hello!

I have looked around in the forum and on YouTube, but can't find the solution for the 2022 model. I want to turn off the "time for inspection message" without visiting my dealer.

An earlier thread in this forum:

Switch off the ignition.
Switch on the hazard warning lights.
Press and hold down the [o.o/SET] button in the instrument cluster.
Restart the ignition.
Release the [o.o/SET] button.
Confirm the selection on the instrument cluster by pressing the [OK/RESET] button on the wiper lever or the [OK] button on the multifunction steering wheel.
Switch off the hazard warning lights.

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find I a [o.o/SET] button on my 2022 California Ocean.
Any ideas on how to do this it on my car?

Blue skies,
/David

Hello!

I have looked around in the forum and on YouTube, but can't find the solution for the 2022 model. I want to turn off the "time for inspection message" without visiting my dealer.

An earlier thread in this forum:

Switch off the ignition.
Switch on the hazard warning lights.
Press and hold down the [o.o/SET] button in the instrument cluster.
Restart the ignition.
Release the [o.o/SET] button.
Confirm the selection on the instrument cluster by pressing the [OK/RESET] button on the wiper lever or the [OK] button on the multifunction steering wheel.
Switch off the hazard warning lights.

Maybe I'm blind, but I can't find I a [o.o/SET] button on my 2022 California Ocean.
Any ideas on how to do this it on my car?

Blue skies,
/David
Does this help?
Item 4 ?
1719061815928.png

Have you got a Carista dongle? If so you can reset the service indicator which will stop the inspection message.

I had this recently. The vehicle was telling me that I needed an oil change service in 500 miles. Also got a call from VW saying that an over-the-air warning had been received by them.
When I spoke to my dealership to book it in, they advised that it was NOT due until the van has done 36k miles or December 2024, which ever came first (van has only done 26k miles). They offered to reset the service indicator for me, but as this meant a journey to them, I declined and reset myself using Carista (with their approval).

Have you got a Carista dongle? If so you can reset the service indicator which will stop the inspection message.

I had this recently. The vehicle was telling me that I needed an oil change service in 500 miles. Also got a call from VW saying that an over-the-air warning had been received by them.
When I spoke to my dealership to book it in, they advised that it was NOT due until the van has done 36k miles or December 2024, which ever came first (van has only done 26k miles). They offered to reset the service indicator for me, but as this meant a journey to them, I declined and reset myself using Carista (with their approval).
I don't have the dongle. Just googled it. Is the OBD adapter enough or do I need the EVO version?

I don't have the dongle. Just googled it. Is the OBD adapter enough or do I need the EVO version?
I have the OBD adapter (although they do keep trying to flog me the EVO). Are you going to Camperjam? If so happy for you to borrow mine.

I have the OBD adapter (although they do keep trying to flog me the EVO). Are you going to Camperjam? If so happy for you to borrow mine.
Thanks, but I live in Sweden. Will stay here during the summer.

Dirty dashboard, but it looks different than the one you are referring to. My dashboard is just a screen without buttons

IMG20240622210301.jpg

As suspected you don’t have an analogue system…you’d need to refer to your owners manual (there will be a digital menu option to reset the trip odometer)…but that probably won’t help with what you’re trying to do.
Maybe someone has documented how to do it on a digital version of the console?
Sorry I can’t help any further.

Your Avatar states you have a T5 180. That is not the Dashboard of a T5. It would help if we knew which vehicle you actually have.
I'm nostalgic. The avatar is from my old California. As stated in my subject line, I had the problem with the 2022 model with a digital dash. It is solved now :)

Back