Oil change. Plus inspection. Now

V

Vagophile

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
This is what my display is telling me.
The service schedule says that an oil change service was carried out on 6/3/20 at 65490 miles with the next service according to the service interval display.
One year later the van is showing 65600 miles (thanks, coronavirus).
To find out just what is going on, I tried to call up a service message as instructed in the handbook. This says to turn on ignition and press the clock button in the instrument cluster as often as possible until the spanner symbol and 1 appear in the top right corner of the display. Pressing the clock button doesn't make this happen, it just switches between hours and minutes.
A second suggestion is to select the Settings menu. I haven't the faintest idea how to find this. Can someone give me a clue?
In any event, I don't think that I should be worrying about an oil change after 110 miles, but maybe others have different ideas.

There are 2 Oil Change service regimes....1. Annual Oil Change 2. Variable Oil Change dependant upon driving habits.

If you are on the annual service regime....determined when the Cali was first bought. Then the service schedule will flash up it is due, irrespective of the miles driven.

Also it is not unheard of for the service monitor not to have been reset at the time of the last service. In which case make sure it is reset before you leave the garage.

You are probably out of warranty, so it is a personal choice if you have this done.

I suggest that you look through your past service records to see whether it has gone in annually. To skip one now may interfere with a nice service record and might affect a future sale of your Cali.

@Perfectos, thanks for the vid.
I am trying to do the first action shown, i.e. push the clock button on the LHS of the display. My manual says the same, but when I do, all that happens is that the clock cycles hours and minutes and nothing else.

My display doesn't look like that in the vid. The temp and fuel are inside the rev counter and speedometer respectively; this is how they are shown in my manual, but the method of changing the interval is the same, so it can't be that. I've just been out and checked again, but no joy.
Can you tell me how to access the settings menu?

This is what my display is telling me.
The service schedule says that an oil change service was carried out on 6/3/20 at 65490 miles with the next service according to the service interval display.
One year later the van is showing 65600 miles (thanks, coronavirus).
To find out just what is going on, I tried to call up a service message as instructed in the handbook. This says to turn on ignition and press the clock button in the instrument cluster as often as possible until the spanner symbol and 1 appear in the top right corner of the display. Pressing the clock button doesn't make this happen, it just switches between hours and minutes.
A second suggestion is to select the Settings menu. I haven't the faintest idea how to find this. Can someone give me a clue?
In any event, I don't think that I should be worrying about an oil change after 110 miles, but maybe others have different ideas.
Isn’t it on the MFD, under Service or Info?

Isn’t it on the MFD, under Service or Info?
I've been out and fiddled some more.
Hurrah! I have played with the functions on the steering wheel and it's all there, so I'll be able to have a good root around.
Isn't it amazing that it has taken a year and the prospect of some real travelling to bring this to light!
Thanks for the responses.
Incidentally, there is a button at the top front of the windscreen beside the rear view mirror with a spanner on it. Any ideas?

I've been out and fiddled some more.
Hurrah! I have played with the functions on the steering wheel and it's all there, so I'll be able to have a good root around.
Isn't it amazing that it has taken a year and the prospect of some real travelling to bring this to light!
Thanks for the responses.
Incidentally, there is a button at the top front of the windscreen beside the rear view mirror with a spanner on it. Any ideas?
No idea regarding the Button. What year is your vehicle?

What year is your vehicle?
Registered September 2013.

I've been looking at the manual again. It indicates (Fig 14) controls in the roof, something that looks like the cluster I'm asking about; shows" Three button module for mobile telephone provision PREMIUM= booklet Mobile telephone provision". I'll have to do more research.

Our car has a spanner button by the rear view mirror which calls for breakdown assistance if pressed, but that’s on a 2019 Jaguar which has its own SIM and telephone connection.

Our car has a spanner button by the rear view mirror which calls for breakdown assistance if pressed, but that’s on a 2019 Jaguar which has its own SIM and telephone connection.
Thanks. Reference to the pristine, unopened mobile telephone operating manual confirms that this is the function of the "spanner" button.