Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Installation of Ecoflow Power Kit in Grand California 680

B

Bizzaru

Vehicle
Grand California 680
Hi everyone,

I'm curious to know if there are any Grand California owners here who have installed the Ecoflow Power Kit. If you have, could you share your experiences, tips, and any challenges you faced during the installation? Additionally, has anyone paired this with the Solbian Solar Kit? Any insights on the performance and integration of both systems would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

Hello @dennfo

Thank you for the suggestion! I joined the VW Grand California UK group on Facebook but didn’t find any information on the Ecoflow Power Kit, specifically the 15kWh version as shown in the picture below. Has anyone here installed this specific kit or have more details on it?

Hello @dennfo

Thank you for the suggestion! I joined the VW Grand California UK group on Facebook but didn’t find any information on the Ecoflow Power Kit, specifically the 15kWh version as shown in the picture below. Has anyone here installed this specific kit or have more details on it?
Not aware of anyone fitting the specific Ecoflow power kit, seems a bit overkill really. Lots of people have added Ecoflow delta ‘s and the like which I think it probably what @dennfo was referring to.

Apologies for the duff steer @Bizzaru - yes as @Mr T said, there's a lot of chat in the Group about Ecoflow delta's - I don't have Ecoflow so didn't appreciate the difference :).

Hello @dennfo,

No worries, I appreciate the effort! I understand now that the discussions in the group mainly cover the Ecoflow Delta. I'm specifically looking for information on the Ecoflow Power Kit, particularly the 15kWh version. I'm planning to do this conversion myself and was curious if anyone has already done it. It would be great to get some do's and don'ts from those who have experience with it.

Thanks again!

Hi everyone,

I've decided to take the plunge and have ordered the 15kWh Ecoflow Power Kit. It should arrive in about 10 days. I'm planning to do the conversion myself and wanted to see if anyone else has done this. Any advice on do's and don'ts would be greatly appreciated!

Additionally, I found a document related to the electrical system of the Grand California but couldn't find details on how to remove the control panel from the bathroom wall to see where the cable runs. I want to place the system's panel there for a clean look.

Thanks!

Hi everyone,

I'm curious to know if there are any Grand California owners here who have installed the Ecoflow Power Kit. If you have, could you share your experiences, tips, and any challenges you faced during the installation? Additionally, has anyone paired this with the Solbian Solar Kit? Any insights on the performance and integration of both systems would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!
If you have a VW warranty this installation may cause you problems. We carry a stand alone unit with Solar panel. Ecoflow Mini Delta + 160w panel . We have our VW GC600 18 months now . All good .
We use Ecoflow unit at home when needed also .
A lot of the time when we are away we are on EHU any way . During transition and days out with the Grandkids we use Ecoflow. Airfryer , Kettle, Toaster .
It does the Job OK.
I have also a lead made up so I can couple the Ecoflow to the Van .
Solar panel connected to Ecoflow mini 220v then plug into the 220v Van socket on the side of the van .

Ik heb een Jackery explorer 1000 pro en twee zonnepanelen van 100 en 200 watt als stand alone in mijn gc 680. Denk erom dat je bij inpluggen in de wallstroom van de camper niet meer beveiligd bent met een aardlek schakelaar. Je dient dus tussen de powerstation en de camper een aardlek schakelaar te gebruiken . Op internet vind je hier wel filmpjes van. Voordeel is dat je de powerstation ook thuis kunt gebruiken. Wij kunnen op deze manier een dag langer zonder walstroom staan, mits er voldoende zon is voor de zonnepanelen

Hi everyone,

I've just received the Ecoflow kit and will be starting the project soon! Today, I also received the Side Swivel Step electric and the price quote for the 691Wp solar panel kit from Solbian.solar. I'm very excited about these modifications. It's very important to me that the final result looks as if it was made by the manufacturer. To help with this, I've bought a 3D scanner for design.

Does anyone know how to remove the panels above the sliding door?

By the way, I'm planning to replace the gas stove with an "invisible" induction cooktop from Invisacook in the future. Has anyone done this modification?

Thanks!

If you have a VW warranty this installation may cause you problems. We carry a stand alone unit with Solar panel. Ecoflow Mini Delta + 160w panel . We have our VW GC600 18 months now . All good .
We use Ecoflow unit at home when needed also .
A lot of the time when we are away we are on EHU any way . During transition and days out with the Grandkids we use Ecoflow. Airfryer , Kettle, Toaster .
It does the Job OK.
I have also a lead made up so I can couple the Ecoflow to the Van .
Solar panel connected to Ecoflow mini 220v then plug into the 220v Van socket on the side of the van .
I’ve done much the same as this but with an Aferiy AF-210 and 400w of solar and works perfectly, the standard stuff that VW fit is appalling for what is ostensibly their Flagship camper…my 680 has been beset by electrical gremlins which main VW dealers have been ill equipped to fix…plus EHU at sites didn’t charge my LB either only the alternator did that during driving - VW’s review is Must Do Better or I’ll be buying elsewhere next time !

Back