Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Installing a gas shower to an Ocean shower feed

Jimbuls83

Jimbuls83

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204 4Motion
Hi all,

I have purchased a gas shower for the back of the van and plan to feed it via the existing, pumped shower feed. The gas supply is straight forward however the brass connection for the shower is something I cannot find without buying a full shower ‘hand set and hose’ which I would like to avoid if possible.

Would anyone know where to buy the brass end that connects to the van outlet on the ocean?

Many thanks in advance

Jimmy M

1599198759746.png

Hi, can’t help on the connection, but could you share more about the gas heater please.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We have a fully plumbed in hot water system (shower and to sink) in our van (conversion) that either runs off the electric hook up or gas. It is a Whale system that sits underneath on of the rear seats and takes its water from the onboard supply. If you would like more info I can dig it out. Then we have a home made tailgate shower tent with a very small storage footprint consisting of taupaulin sheets from Screwfix and magnets (First 4 Magnets) to hold it in place, total cost under £50. Used this several times at small sites with no shower (with site permission) very successfully.

It’s just an external shower that VW buy in from Reich: if you google Reich external shower on images you should find it.

Last edited:
A nice DIY here:

Back