Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Failure of the shower valve.

AndyVits

AndyVits

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
My 2017 Ocean has the factory shower fitted option, I have searched the forum but found no others unfortunate as me to have suffered a failure of the value. The result of the failure is that when the sink tap is turned on and the water pump kicks in, the copper value under the flap in the rear cupboard fires water out under pressure (despite the copper shroud being in the sprung back position without the shower attachement). The only way to avoid soaking the van is to attach the shower connection and not depress the lever (thus creating a secondary valve). I have taken it to the nearest van centre (Yeovil) butvas a newly appointed commercial van centre they had to feed it back to VW.

I will update accordingly.

Thanks for alerting us about this, I hope you get it sorted with the minimum of inconvenience.

My 2017 Ocean has the factory shower fitted option, I have searched the forum but found no others unfortunate as me to have suffered a failure of the value. The result of the failure is that when the sink tap is turned on and the water pump kicks in, the copper value under the flap in the rear cupboard fires water out under pressure (despite the copper shroud being in the sprung back position without the shower attachement). The only way to avoid soaking the van is to attach the shower connection and not depress the lever (thus creating a secondary valve). I have taken it to the nearest van centre (Yeovil) butvas a newly appointed commercial van centre they had to feed it back to VW.

I will update accordingly.

Hi Andy

I have just found the same problem with the shower valve on my 2015 T5 SE, I recall that this option came available just in time for my build. I’m using the same temporary solution as you.

Did you find a more permanent fix? Or is there another thread about this (I can’t find one).

Thanks

Rick

Hi Andy

I have just found the same problem with the shower valve on my 2015 T5 SE, I recall that this option came available just in time for my build. I’m using the same temporary solution as you.

Did you find a more permanent fix? Or is there another thread about this (I can’t find one).

Thanks

Rick
I have now found a solution for this. I bought a replacement connector (the brass bit that fits under the little hatch, next to the switch and the blue LED) from CMC Reimo, and with a bit of a struggle and a bit of help have just fitted it and the leak is fixed.

I was planning to post a link to the part-number on their website but I cant't find it. However they are very helpful so it might be worth giving them a call.

Good luck

Rick

Try prodding a small screwdriver in there to try and reseat the valve

I've now got this problem too. Connected the shower to stop it and found my shower hose is also bust.. I'm going to have to disconnect it and bung up the pipe somehow till I get home. Did we find a part number for the Valve?

Last edited: