AlisonF

AlisonF

Super Poster
VIP Member
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Beach camper 150
hi
Quick delivery on the shower attachment and spare wheel safeguard - however neither came with any instructions. Not all of us are practically minded, even if we are engineers (oops), so some assistance would be gratefully received.
Thanks

hi
Quick delivery on the shower attachment and spare wheel safeguard - however neither came with any instructions. Not all of us are practically minded, even if we are engineers (oops), so some assistance would be gratefully received.
Thanks
1. Remove nozel on kitchen tap. Replace removed nozel with supplied replacement nozel / shower adapter. This can be left in place permenantly. Screw shower lead onto adapter. Switch on tap.
Warning - shower head should be outside vehicle.

2. Remove Spare Wheel Carrier bolt. Beware, one of the bolts could be a Security Bolt. Slide SpareSafe onto carrier bolt guide. Insert Security Bolt and tighten up.
Or - Visit your local Tyre Fitter/Garage or Roadside Assistance Organization. If you cannot fit the SafeGuard then you'll never be able to get your spare wheel off in case of a puncture.

Sorry I missed your post Alison, thanks @WelsGas for answering.

We do have instructions for the Sparesafe, they must have been missed out of the package, sorry.

Thanks. I was looking for diagrams / instructions - but maybe the shower is self explanatory - just don't want to dive into a less than one day old £50+k vehicle with a spanner without knowing 100% what I was doing.
I'll try and take pics of both as I do them which may help others. If I get stuck, I'll be back later for more help.

Hi Alison, hope you are enjoying the new van. We pick up new van today and the only option that we regret not getting is the shower attachment. I guess from your thread that it is an option that can be added later and installed? Was the shower attachment you ordered the same one that is listed on the options?

Hi Alison, hope you are enjoying the new van. We pick up new van today and the only option that we regret not getting is the shower attachment. I guess from your thread that it is an option that can be added later and installed? Was the shower attachment you ordered the same one that is listed on the options?
No, this one from the Forum Shop. A lot cheaper than VW's version.
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/shop/product-category/shower-kit

Thanks WG - that's right, from the forum and arrived very quick after ordering :thumb
Kevin & Becci - I read somewhere on the forum that the one fitted by VW is in the rear cupboard (near the water tank). This one fits to the tap so would need to be used out of the sliding window or passenger door. It comes with a 1.5m flex but I'm planning on changing it for a 2.5m one I have spare - easier to reach the paws and bellies of the dogs outside!
The van was away for 24 hours getting the windows done and y'day was busy with Cali Cosi as the forecast was good. Tap is on the list for the weekend - but I need to get all my cooking bits etc into the van first. I can manage the first trip without the tap (friend's hose will do) but will need the camping essentials...

From your post AlisonF I take it the shower hose is too short to reach out the door? Can you buy just the tap attachment bit without hose, so you can get longer hose. We too have a muddy paws to wash. I thought 1.5 m was a bit short.

Its designed to go out of the sink window if you extend the hose you decrease water pressure

Calikev
I realised that with a longer hose I'd lose pressure (and also use more water if we're being pedantic) but am more afraid I'll let go whilst trying to wash a dog with cold water (they tend to try and move away, even when tied on lead) and dinging the van is more of concern than low pressure water.
I haven't fitted it yet but just looking at the sink when the lid is up I think it might be easier to use out of the door - although am sure both do-able - just the out of the window option will be more difficult on my own and not ever so tall...

Fair enough let us know if it works:thumb

Hi @Kevin&Becci. You have had your bamboo green California for a few weeks now but I've not seen any photos on here. Please post a few, as if love to see that colour on a Cali in the sun. Thanks.

Last edited:
1. Remove nozel on kitchen tap. Replace removed nozel with supplied replacement nozel / shower adapter. This can be left in place permenantly. Screw shower lead onto adapter. Switch on tap.
Warning - shower head should be outside vehicle.
I finally got around to fitting the shower adapter this week.
So the comments of remove and replace - do not work. On the adapter that is sent there are two parts screwed together with end pieces that have not only different diameters but also different pitch.
So I tried all various combinations and now have found something that seems to work - but with bits left over and still not convinced it's right. Trying very hard to politely refer to my original request... please can you provide some instructions with the unit when supplied and can others possibly leave out the sarcastic comments.

I finally got around to fitting the shower adapter this week.
So the comments of remove and replace - do not work. On the adapter that is sent there are two parts screwed together with end pieces that have not only different diameters but also different pitch.
So I tried all various combinations and now have found something that seems to work - but with bits left over and still not convinced it's right. Trying very hard to politely refer to my original request... please can you provide some instructions with the unit when supplied and can others possibly leave out the sarcastic comments.
Maybe the T6 tap has been changed. I would suggest you PM Martin or Calkev to get the printed instructions. Include your own email address and they could email them.

Maybe the T6 tap has been changed. I would suggest you PM Martin or Calkev to get the printed instructions. Include your own email address and they could email them.
I'll test it out this weekend - hopefully I've got it right. Next week I will take it off again and take some pics which should explain better what I received and how I have fitted it and the 'extra' parts...

I'll test it out this weekend - hopefully I've got it right. Next week I will take it off again and take some pics which should explain better what I received and how I have fitted it and the 'extra' parts...
How's it going with the shower?

Hi Alison,
I saw you were trying out the shower kit with a 2.5m hose and was just wondering how you got on with it? I've got a dog to clean too and think a longer hose could be very handy! Any info greatly appreciated - thanks:)

Hiya sorry for late reply... so far whilst away the dogs have fortunately not rolled in anything that has required a good showering... so I haven't had to test the shower kit.
Having an awning on the side also means I haven't had to suffer wet dogs in a Cali as they get to dry off in their crates before the come inside...

I have the shower kit and can't seem to loosen the tap cap to replace on the t6? Anyone managed to do this? Thanks

I have the shower kit and can't seem to loosen the tap cap to replace on the t6? Anyone managed to do this? Thanks

Yes - I did it last week. It's a bit stiff so I needed pliars to unscrew it then replace it with the threaded head from the kit. I think I had to take the kit apart a little bit to make sense of how it connects.

Thanks Barry, would you be able to post a pic of the finished tap please, still stuck ;) Thanks
Yes - I did it last week. It's a bit stiff so I needed pliars to unscrew it then replace it with the threaded head from the kit. I think I had to take the kit apart a little bit to make sense of how it connects.

Back