Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Bellows bungee and spare wheel lock thingy

J

jmw

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
Please can anyone help. I have just received the starter pack (from the forum shop) including the bellows bungee and the spare wheel lock thingy - but no instructions for fitting either. Are there any instructions for the fitting of these anywhere on the forum, please. Thanks in advance for any help you can give me.

PS it would be handy to have some kind of instructions included in the starter packs - if you are only beginners (as we are) then you aren't likely to have encountered these 'gems' before:)

Thanks so much for this. Have now worked out how the bellows bungee will work and feel confident about fitting it without throttling myself! I think fitting the wheel lock thingy will become more obvious once the Cali has arrived and we can see what goes where.

Really looking forward to the arrival of our Cali (we think it will be with the dealer by the end of the month because we were told last week that it had arrived at a UK port) also feel a bit nervous too. We plan to have get the hang of things in the garden (apologies if that that sounds a bit dodgy!) before hitting the open road and I've warned the neighbours to ignore the sounds of muffled arguing while we work out how everything works.

No worry's i got myself a spare-wheel lock at the meet in Tewksbry wef weeks ago and fiited it on site in 10 minutes!

I found some written instructions for the Bellows Bungee:-
Bellows Bungee .jpg

Just make sure you don't let go of it because it REALLY hurts when it hits you in the face. :headbang

Just make sure you don't let go of it because it REALLY hurts when it hits you in the face. :headbang

That sounds as though it was written from experience.

Thanks for the tip about fitting a window panel over the solar panel in my Topper. Nick sent it back to me on Tuesday, perfect fit & works well. Simon

Yes, bad experience.

BTW, we noticed when we took the topper off that there is a small tear in the window where one of the holding down bolt heads is even though we have plastic caps over the bolts heads. Probably my fault for dragging the topper of from the front but it may be worth just reinforcing the areas over the bolt heads with some duct tape to prevent it happening.

Once again, thanks guys for the advice here. We'll be very careful not to let go until the bungee is secured. :eek:

Back