Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

insufficient privileges

K

KickingK99

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I’m hoping not to waste your time but I am reading that I have “insufficient privileges"to be able to respond to items for sale.
I have searched threads relating to this issue where some say it’s because I’m not VIP but this doesn’t seem to be the case.
I have also looked at previous threads that I have replied to, and the facility to reply is still visible on those threads.
Please can you help.

I’m hoping not to waste your time but I am reading that I have “insufficient privileges"to be able to respond to items for sale.
I have searched threads relating to this issue where some say it’s because I’m not VIP but this doesn’t seem to be the case.
I have also looked at previous threads that I have replied to, and the facility to reply is still visible on those threads.
Please can you help.
Are you are paid up member?

I’m not a VIP but i thought I was a member
As a member you can read and post messages on the Open sections of the forum. Paid up VIP members have access to All sections of the Forum including Personal Messaging, VIP Discounts and various For Sale sections.
After all, someone has to pay for the software and hardware costs etc of running the Forum.

I didn’t realise I had to be a VIP member to use the used accessories / for sale. Thanks for that

This approach always seems a bit daft to me. I think sellers are losing sales as browsers can’t buy (I’ve always ended up buying from eBay instead). Likewise, there’s not much point in selling if people can’t actually buy from you. So again, I’ve always sold through eBay. As for paying for the site - isn’t that what the advertising on the sidebar of the site does? I imagine the site is built on wordpress which is free (or another open source alternative.). PayPal will happily cover the ecommerce stuff for a small fee from the sellers.

Personally, I am more than happy with the £15 fee. Money can't buy the wealth of help & advice that I have obtained from here. And even if that wasn't the case, I had the £15 back with the discount off my first order from the Club shop. Worth every penny in my humble opinion.

This approach always seems a bit daft to me. I think sellers are losing sales as browsers can’t buy (I’ve always ended up buying from eBay instead). Likewise, there’s not much point in selling if people can’t actually buy from you. So again, I’ve always sold through eBay. As for paying for the site - isn’t that what the advertising on the sidebar of the site does? I imagine the site is built on wordpress which is free (or another open source alternative.). PayPal will happily cover the ecommerce stuff for a small fee from the sellers.

It's built on Zen forum which is not free and neither is the technical expertise bought in to manage and update this site.

It's mostly an information and support forum, the buying and selling is an add on to that.

The couple of people who have worked their socks off setting up, managing and supporting this site imo deserve to be supported by most of the 22,000 members many of whom have benefitted enormously from the work that they have put in.

Thank you @calikev and @Martin

12.8% commission payable by seller on EBay though (unless there is an offer on), initial price is often adjusted to offset the fee.

Personally, I am more than happy with the £15 fee. Money can't buy the wealth of help & advice that I have obtained from here. And even if that wasn't the case, I had the £15 back with the discount off my first order from the Club shop. Worth every penny in my humble opinion.
I second what @Stu@rt and @GrannyJen say. Thank you to the administrators and contributors, this is an invaluable resource.

wouldn’t be without it, so useful.

Hi I am a VIP member having paid up my fees, and some how now receive 2 identical weekly emails each week, I have also sent e mails on the contact us basis to ask why I cannot advertise items to sell, and never get a response, The site also confirms I have insufficient privileges. Now trying to sell on e bay ???

Hi I am a VIP member having paid up my fees, and some how now receive 2 identical weekly emails each week, I have also sent e mails on the contact us basis to ask why I cannot advertise items to sell, and never get a response, The site also confirms I have insufficient privileges. Now trying to sell on e bay ???
Your avatar doesn’t say VIP. I think this has happened rarely.

@Martin or @calikev should be in contact to sort it out.

When did you pay your membership I will check what’s happened

When did you pay your membership I will check what’s happened
Hi it was taken from my bank twice and one was later credited back, which may be why I now get 2 weekly emails. I am sure this must be some kind of admin error, I am now just wanting to advertise some accessories, thank you

Anyone can use Campervanbits, just Google them. But only paid up (VIP) members can access via this forum - and get the VIP discount, if they can find the latest discount code which seems to me much more difficult than it needs to be!

Anyone can use Campervanbits, just Google them. But only paid up (VIP) members can access via this forum - and get the VIP discount, if they can find the latest discount code which seems to me much more difficult than it needs to be!
Thank you, seems admin error on system preventing me to advertise, impossible to obtain club contact to sort or respond, thanks anyway