Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

interia lighting

starbug

starbug

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
is there anyway to stop the lights coming on when you open the van in driving mode ?
ive tried a few things but they still come on. I've turned them off in camping mode but driving mode they still come on.

is there anyway to stop the lights coming on when you open the van in driving mode ?
ive tried a few things but they still come on. I've turned them off in camping mode but driving mode they still come on.
I would like to know also....I have tried everything so have come to the conclusion they always come on when the door is opened. Hopefully some more experienced members can enlighten us :)

I would like to know also....I have tried everything so have come to the conclusion they always come on when the door is opened. Hopefully some more experienced members can enlighten us :)
What does the switch by the cab lights do? Normally has 3 options, Off, On ( normally for a set interval ), or On with door open.

thanks for the reply....tried the "rear" button in on and off position but they stayed on...it may be a trip to the dealer :)

Don't know if the 6.1's have an on/on timer/off switch in the overhead central display console (where the heater and other controls are). In our T6, if the switch is set to off - none of the lights come on.

Don't know if the 6.1's have an on/on timer/off switch in the overhead central display console (where the heater and other controls are). In our T6, if the switch is set to off - none of the lights come on.
I will have a look and see if i can find anything . they turn off when they time out. but still come on when you open a door. they stay off in camping mode . but not in normal.

I will have a look and see if i can find anything . they turn off when they time out. but still come on when you open a door. they stay off in camping mode . but not in normal.
PXL_20210908_073632421.jpg

The three button switch in the middle - Right now the switch is in the "all switched off" mode - 0. The middle is where it activates lights when the door opens and the last is where the lights stay ON always.

View attachment 84102

The three button switch in the middle - Right now the switch is in the "all switched off" mode - 0. The middle is where it activates lights when the door opens and the last is where the lights stay ON always.
Thats nothing at all like the T6.1 switch set up.

Yup. Same issue for me. My 6.1 is due at the dealer soon, so will ask them.

Im sure you can do it, but I've just spent 10 minutes trying every combination of key passes & cant get it to work.

Working from the left on the picture below:

1st button turns on & off the passenger reading light
2nd button turns the rear lights on & off if the door is shut, if door is open it just controls the central kitchen light
3rd button , switches whether the two front reading lights come on when the door is opened
4th Button turns on & off the passenger reading light.

I can't remember if you need to go to the lighting options on the control panel & switch them off whilst the door is open or something like that & it remembers it next time you open the door.

Unknown.jpeg

Back