Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior Bike Rack

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I wanted the option of carrying the bikes inside the van for day trips. I don't normally endorse products but I just bought one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PC8T2NG/?tag=eliteelect-21

It works really well. No need to fix it in the van - just lay it on the floor and it will hold the bikes upright by the front forks. I can fit road bikes in with just the front wheels off by pushing the bench seat forward to just behind the front seats but with enough leg room to still use it. You can get a rear fork support that enables the rear wheel to come off which would need much less length.

It would easily take 3 road bikes with the forks / handlebars at 90 degrees. 4 might even be possible but would probably be a bit fiddly.

I haven't done a long trip yet but I will be this weekend so I'll post a further review of it in use.

I wanted the option of carrying the bikes inside the van for day trips. I don't normally endorse products but I just bought one of these.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00PC8T2NG/?tag=eliteelect-21

It works really well. No need to fix it in the van - just lay it on the floor and it will hold the bikes upright by the front forks. I can fit road bikes in with just the front wheels off by pushing the bench seat forward to just behind the front seats but with enough leg room to still use it. You can get a rear fork support that enables the rear wheel to come off which would need much less length.

It would easily take 3 road bikes with the forks / handlebars at 90 degrees. 4 might even be possible but would probably be a bit fiddly.

I haven't done a long trip yet but I will be this weekend so I'll post a further review of it in use.
Thanks. Looks like a possible plan. Going to be occasions when it might be useful for me and look forward to seeing how you get on.

You can easy make it yourself , i made me one with bike holders that normal fit on roofbars , took them appart and did some DIY and now they fit the floor of my Renault Kangoo .
Imagine you could let them fit the floorrails of the Cali.
No bikes in my Cali SE....