Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior Blinds

Ajspicer

Ajspicer

VIP Member
VIP Trade Partner
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Having purchased our California at 3 years old I am unaware how some things should operate from new, including the blinds.

The tailgate blind retracts at speed when unhooked from the upper fixing, however, all my side window blinds need quite a helping hand to get them into their stowed upper position. I find pushing them up from the middle causes the edges to catch and the silver grey fabric to crease, therefore, i now push them up from both sides?

Is this normal operation, or should they go up smoother and on their own with a slight push? There are no demo models in the Heritage VW Dealer at the moment to try?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Our blinds are the same. Tailgate window blind retracts under its own power, all the others need a hand at both ends to stop any creasing of the fabric.

Many thanks for your response.

Our little 3 year old discovered the blinds this weekend as she insisted on sleeping downstairs for the night, I don't think they are going to last long if I turn my back for a bit!!!!

Having purchased our California at 3 years old I am unaware how some things should operate from new, including the blinds.

The tailgate blind retracts at speed when unhooked from the upper fixing, however, all my side window blinds need quite a helping hand to get them into their stowed upper position. I find pushing them up from the middle causes the edges to catch and the silver grey fabric to crease, therefore, i now push them up from both sides?

Is this normal operation, or should they go up smoother and on their own with a slight push? There are no demo models in the Heritage VW Dealer at the moment to try?

Many thanks,

Andrew.

Have pulled my rear blind out now won’t go back any advice

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Curly - Unless you can manipulate it back into place in situ you have 3 choices:

1. pay VW £450 to replace it - saves you the hassle but they probably won't be able to align the trims back into the right place
2. DIY but very complicated job (search for other threads on this forum) as it involves dissembling the internals of the tailgate to get at the blind
3. Buy a Brandrup rear insulation screen for about £35 which attaches with velcro to the inside of the window, and cut off the existing blind.

Good luck with resolution.

Curly - Unless you can manipulate it back into place in situ you have 3 choices:

1. pay VW £450 to replace it - saves you the hassle but they probably won't be able to align the trims back into the right place
2. DIY but very complicated job (search for other threads on this forum) as it involves dissembling the internals of the tailgate to get at the blind
3. Buy a Brandrup rear insulation screen for about £35 which attaches with velcro to the inside of the window, and cut off the existing blind.

Good luck with resolution.

Thankyou

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back