Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior flexi reading light problem - pls show me a pic :)

cheekymonkey

cheekymonkey

Hi guys have sold my van but need to fix interior flexi light for tomorrow!!

The bulb had gone so put new bulb in and it came I but wasn't correctly in place and was loose.

I can't get it to work and wonder if the contact in the back plate has rotated or needs bending?

Here's a photo of mine can you show me yours or tell me what to move?

When the bulb is slotted in its just loose so isn't making contact correctly
any help appreciated!!!

Thanks

image.jpg

Re: Interior flexi light pls show me a pic :)

The fuse is a 10 amp red one under the passenger seat

Re: Interior flexi light pls show me a pic :)

Can anyone help get a quick photo of that back part of the light this morning pleeeeeeease, just in case it's just spun or bent from position...

Gracias

Re: Interior flexi reading light problem - pls show me a pic

Can't post a photo... but I've converted a few of these to LED and from memory your contacts appear to be shifted ever so slightly (not sure of it's enough to make a difference but worth a try.

Looks like it need to rotate about 5 degrees counter clockwise... the "dot" being central to the unit and the sliding contact being tangential to the edge.

Might also be worth checking that you're not forcing it in the wrong way or indeed not turning it enough to lock and then switch on/off.

Hope this helps.

Can do a photo this evening.

M

thanks that's great I'll have another go

when fitting the back i aligned the <> to the I then it slots in & rotates past O (off) to I (on)

but i think whatever caused fuse to blow maybe meant I didnt ever then see it working right after.

Thanks for help

all fitted & fixed - yes was slightly rotated.

Thanks for your help - van sadly now gone to a new home after 5 fantastic years

cheekymonkey said:
all fitted & fixed - yes was slightly rotated.

Thanks for your help - van sadly now gone to a new home after 5 fantastic years

Excellent... glad it got sorted.

Replacing it with anything interesting?

M

Kinda... well I'm restoring a 1961 Lotus Elite - full nut & bolt resto so using some of the money towards that & shall have to revert to a panel van for a couple of years. Toying between Renault Traffic Sport or VW Caddy (still trying to understand engine options but the bigger the better & poss LWB)

VW panel van prices are silly at the mo & too many small engine high milers around for too much money so have to pass on that sadly

cheekymonkey said:
Kinda... well I'm restoring a 1961 Lotus Elite - full nut & bolt resto so using some of the money towards that

Nice... the old Type 14... Very nice indeedy.

Oddly enough, I've always had a thing for the 1970's Type 75... Completely different animal but very 70's in it's styling.

But then again I always prefered the 928 to the 911's in the Porsche stable, so perhaps I have a strange outlook. :)

All the best and enjoy.