Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior light not working

Mrpraline

Mrpraline

Vehicle
T6 Beach 150
Hey. We got our van this week used. Everything seems to be working fine except this light. Is it likely just the bulb? Does anyone know how to change it? I tried prising the whole thing out with a screwdriver but it didn't come out easily so didn't want to force it. Thanks ever so much!

5FD1900C-730B-49FF-AD35-32B9C13AA67F.jpeg

If it is correct that you have a T6, then there ain't no bulb. It's LED.
The small ones come out more easily, but the middle one still has the bulky shape behind the trim because it was designed for the TL light ballast in the first T5's. (correct me if I am wrong).
They do come out, but I haven't found a way yet for mine, but it's not necessary for me as it still works.

This might be of help:

1583618310760.png

The long part on the right is not needed anymore, but they still use the same mould pattern as the first edition, with bulbs. :rolleyes:

Thanks mate - that’s really helpful. Any idea what that light is called? Seem to be failing miserably to find a replacement led. Thanks again!

How old is your California? Is it still under warranty? If so, ask your dealer.
If not, there are some places online where you could buy a second hand, or maybe even new?
You will certainly have the right unit at VW, but don't run away when you hear the price.
You will have to change the complete unit if it is broken.
Did it suddenly stop working? Did it work in the beginning? Maybe there is a loose connection?
First take the light out before ordering a new one.

Thanks mate - that’s really helpful. Any idea what that light is called? Seem to be failing miserably to find a replacement led. Thanks again!
Could it be on a separate fuse? There are Fuse diagrams etc: in the Resources section for VIP members.

Apologies for the slow reply. Thanks for the advice. It's still under warranty - still waiting to hear back from my local dealer, but will let you know how I get on.

Apologies for the slow reply. Thanks for the advice. It's still under warranty - still waiting to hear back from my local dealer, but will let you know how I get on.

Not sure how your dealer is - but best not to fiddle with much when under warranty. That one light is very bright, but the other two on the sides can make up for that quite easily. I would personally not worry about it for a trip. If the dealer is not responsive, may be time to change to one who is.