Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior SE table in beach?

cleve

cleve

VIP Member
Am I right in thinking the SE has an interior folding table that fits on the kitchen units? Does anyone know if it might also fit the table attachment rail in the beach?

With 3 small children I would really like a simple, smaller table with single drop down leg like we had in our old t5 to maximise space to move around inside the van and keep the table stored in the sliding for outdoor use.

If anyone has a part number then great, if not I'm sure I could order a campervan table with drop down leg online easily enough & fit the beach table catches but looking for the easy option!

Surprised no one has responded to this! Yes, SE has a table that has a single folding leg, it attaches to the kitchen units and drops down to slide alongside the rear bench seat when not in use, from whence it emits an irritating rattle on occasions!

You would probably need a section of the extruded aluminium rail it attaches to.

This table is one of the best features of the California and puts to shame the offerings on most of the converters with their tubular legs and heavy chipboard table tops.

As regards part numbers, someone posted up a link in the last week or so with all these but I can't remember what the title was

In theory if the bigger table stored in the door fits on the same rail as the smaller table in the SE then they should both fit in the beach

No, the one in the SE door won't fit on the (SE) kitchen unit rail if that was what you wanted to know.

No, the one in the SE door won't fit on the (SE) kitchen unit rail if that was what you wanted to know.

It did until about last year I think. There were a couple of clips that slid out and fitted into the SE rail. Penny pinching to drop it as it was handy because it has two legs instead of one making it more stable.

It did until about last year I think. There were a couple of clips that slid out and fitted into the SE rail. Penny pinching to drop it as it was handy because it has two legs instead of one making it more stable.
Maybe there is, I've never noticed them? Too cold to go out to check now!

I have a 2010 facelift Cali and the door table does fit the Cali SE kitchen with the the fold out clips fitted to the underside of the table in this model. Using 2 legs, it is more stable that the sliding version.

I believe this will also fit the Beach as I think it has a similar rail fitted to the left side of the van.

Alan

the 2013 onwards door table, I believe has shorter legs than the earlier model so it works better with the outside chairs.

No sorry not the table in the sliding door as we have one of those but the interior flip down table. We bought one on eBay so will give it a go once it arrives.

If anyone has any tips for fitting/removing the interior sliding table then that would be helpful. Still haven't a clue if it will work but only one way to find out. Will feedback how we get on!

Surprised no one has responded to this! Yes, SE has a table that has a single folding leg, it attaches to the kitchen units and drops down to slide alongside the rear bench seat when not in use, from whence it emits an irritating rattle on occasions!

You would probably need a section of the extruded aluminium rail it attaches to.

This table is one of the best features of the California and puts to shame the offerings on most of the converters with their tubular legs and heavy chipboard table tops.

As regards part numbers, someone posted up a link in the last week or so with all these but I can't remember what the title was

Thanks, our beach has the aluminium rail to clip the sliding door table onto when in 2 leg mode but wasn't sure if it's the same as the SE rail or how easy it would be to fit with the ball bearings/runners to consider.

Our Cali hasn't got the clips on the door table so I don't know if they are the same; don't see why not though.

If anyone could take the trouble to post some pics of the interior table hinge and rollers I'd be really grateful as we now have the table and fixings but no clue how it all fits together! A photo to start from would be really helpful.

the 2013 onwards door table, I believe has shorter legs than the earlier model so it works better with the outside chairs.

Makes sence

Do you know if the new design table is the same shape otherwise? We have only ever used our on the internal rail once as we find it a bit of a fiddle but have to have a booster cushion for the wee-one at the table is too high.

Really pleased with my husband's efforts to fit an SE table that we bought on ebay into our beach. We bought some spare folding clips for a Beach table (sliding door stored one) from VW for about ÂŁ8. They come as a pair and are called "retainers" part number V7E7 898 209.

My husband cut the bars on the Beach table clips (retainers) to the right length and secured with large washers, nuts and bolts using the predrilled hole on the SE table. Another little nodule was needed to get the table leg the right height which my husband drilled and filed out easily enough. A bit of sticky backed velcro on the underside of the table and table leg to hold in position with a bin to stop it flapping about when travelling and it's perfect for what we need to have a lightweight table, easily accessible and keeps the sliding door table free for outside use.IMG_20150516_200401.jpg

IMG_20150516_154026.jpg IMG_20150516_154159.jpg

IMG_20150516_154205.jpg

IMG_20150516_154242.jpg

IMG_20150516_200344.jpg

IMG_20150516_200351.jpg

Last edited:
Really pleased with my husband's efforts to fit an SE table that we bought on ebay into our beach.
Very clever - I might be tempted to do the same. Can you confirm that the table (when folded down) doesn't get in the way of the 3-seat bench when the bench is moved forward?

Very clever - I might be tempted to do the same. Can you confirm that the table (when folded down) doesn't get in the way of the 3-seat bench when the bench is moved forward?
We haven't tried it out with the bed yet but will at the weekend so will let you know. On first impressions I think we'll probably end up taking the table off when the bed comes out. The table is so lightweight to move around I don't see it as a problem. We have a reimo pantry pod & don't tend to swivel the drivers seat so thought we'd probably stow it behind the drivers seat & pod.

We did have to unclip the table when the lower bed came out but it took seconds & fitted perfectly between the pod & waeco fridge so didn't notice it.

I'm now wondering how we ever managed without it. Was the perfect size for breakfast in the cali on chilly mornings & flicked out in seconds for food prep, non slip matting & laptop to watch films on the journey etc. So glad we gave it a go with fitting as it worked so well.

Back