Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Using the outside table inside

DM

DM

Top Poster
VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
I seem to recall reading some comments here about being able to use the external table (the one in the door) as well as the internal table in an SE. The only way that I can see to do that with an ocean is to simply set up the table with all 4 legs and place it next to the internal table. BUT - it is a different height. Has this changed since the T5 / SE ?

The manual indicates that it should be possible to use the table on the pre-fitted rail using just two of the legs. However I suspect this may apply to the beach only as it talks about clipping the table to the rail in the 'wall opposite the door'. My table does not have the fittings necessary to clip the table to the kitchen unit rail and even if it did then I think the legs would be about an inch to low so the table would slope!

Is this another nice feature that they have taken away from us? :mad:

I think it was up to 2013 the table had longer legs and clips on one end, Mines a 2014 and has the shorter legs - makes it a better height for use with the outside chairs. As far as I know that is the only difference, an earlier table would still fit in the door if you found one on eBay.

• Thanks
Reactions: DM
I think it was up to 2013 the table had longer legs and clips on one end, Mines a 2014 and has the shorter legs - makes it a better height for use with the outside chairs. As far as I know that is the only difference, an earlier table would still fit in the door if you found one on eBay.
Thanks. I'm not too bothered tbh. I was just intrigued as to why VW keep taking features away. But it sounds as though there might have been a genuine reason for this one if the legs were too long for outside use.

You can of course still use the outside table inside. We do if eating inside as it's a more stable.

• Thanks
Mine is a 2015 and the clips have a little turned up part that fits into the rail but I have a beach not an SE.

• Thanks
The in-Door table is still slightly too high for use with the California chairs, not much but I feel as if I'm lifting my arms unto the table rather than down. Maybe it's just me as I tend to sloth in the chairs.:)

Like others we found the height of the table to the chairs made it unusable or at least very uncomfortable. Made enquiries at why the table was so high and was told the height was for standing at for preparing food on!!

As sitting at the table to eat the food seems to be the prime use, decided to take a hacksaw to the legs. Did a calculation on the ratio of the chair height to the table height using our dining room table and chairs as a guide and cut an inch plus off, sorted!

We have only used the sliding table inside.

We have a little game. She sits at the back, I sit at the front and pull it towards me when she's not looking, then she pulls it back again, and so on. She always wins, though! :D

Pity the other table wouldn't fit long ways so we could both have a surface ....

Finish preparing the meal, set it out on the table, the sliding table, at a comfortable distance from the front seat and then slide the rear bench seat forward until it is in the correct position.:thumb

Finish preparing the meal, set it out on the table, the sliding table, at a comfortable distance from the front seat and then slide the rear bench seat forward until it is in the correct position.:thumb
She won't let me do that! :(

It's easier to let her have the table and have a peaceful life ;)

Back