Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Interior table - a fix

D

dbradley55

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 180
For all those owners whose plastic hinge underneath the table has disintegrated - here is a fix. A length of threaded rod, some nuts, two female barrel bolt parts and a rivet gun.

D869D7E1-7E6C-4B0B-95BF-EBAC387151E1.jpeg

Last edited:
What is the circular black plastic item in this picture for? My table has a pin that slides into a holding receiver when we put the table away, and the this round piece of plastic seems to have no function
1620727743877.png1620727783599.png

It is to attach the strap allowing the table to hang from rear headrest as an additional work surface.
Post in thread 'What’s included, what to buy ASAP?'
https://vwcaliforniaclub.com/threads/what’s-included-what-to-buy-asap.30414/post-354821
Yes, agree with you concerning the additional work surface but it also has another use. You will see that the "circular black item" has a soft pad on it. This pad rests on the outside if the fridge during storage/travelling and helps reduce the rattling of the stowed table top. I added a extra pad to mine in order to help further dampen the occasional rattle. :)

Yes, agree with you concerning the additional work surface but it also has another use. You will see that the "circular black item" has a soft pad on it. This pad rests on the outside if the fridge during storage/travelling and helps reduce the rattling of the stowed table top. I added a extra pad to mine in order to help further dampen the occasional rattle. :)
If the extra pad gets rid of that incessant rattle I owe you a pint!

If the extra pad gets rid of that incessant rattle I owe you a pint!
the table generally only rattles if you don't know the trick to putting it away. The big metal pin on the table needs to be located in the hole mounted to the side of the rear cupboard - so generally you need to press the bottom of the table towards the cupboards as you slide it in to engage the pin into the hole. (don't push too early or you can scratch the cupboards - there is a knack)

Pin in hole, no rattle. Pin outside of hole, pin rattles on hole.

the table generally only rattles if you don't know the trick to putting it away. The big metal pin on the table needs to be located in the hole mounted to the side of the rear cupboard - so generally you need to press the bottom of the table towards the cupboards as you slide it in to engage the pin into the hole. (don't push too early or you can scratch the cupboards - there is a knack)

Pin in hole, no rattle. Pin outside of hole, pin rattles on hole.
Yes the hinge pin in @Beachbum140 second picture above engages the hole in the thing near the floor on the side of the fridge that’s shown in his first photo. I think the ops neat hinge fix would prevent that tho.

Back