Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Intermittent ABS, Traction and start stop lights.

CYCLOPATH

CYCLOPATH

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
Hi all, just read the thread on here. Following a recent oil change service, My lights come on occasionally when I turn on. It if I turn of and turn on again, they do not come on again? How do you explain this??
I have put on my Carista, L front ABS sensor. Looked at the sensor, looks ok, wires ok.
Looked on google. One Allan key and one connector to remove. £25 quid for new sensor .
But why is it intermittent

Hi all, just read the thread on here. Following a recent oil change service, My lights come on occasionally when I turn on. It if I turn of and turn on again, they do not come on again? How do you explain this??
I have put on my Carista, L front ABS sensor. Looked at the sensor, looks ok, wires ok.
Looked on google. One Allan key and one connector to remove. £25 quid for new sensor .
But why is it intermittent
Poor connection in plug connector?

There are known issues with circuit board for instrument cluster on some T5 vans.

It might be worth searching for these postings to see if symptoms are as you describe.

Poor connection in plug connector?
I did think of that, and so disconnected, and cleaned with electric cleaner. It made no difference. The odd thing is , if I turn on and the codes appear, then turn off ignition and turn on again, it goes. just turned on again, and no light

I googled a bit more and tested the sensor with my multimeter, it was an open circuit, ie broken.
I have removed it...I can see that it can be quite easy to snap it off.
The most expensive replacement I could find was £26. All those being charged hundreds of pounds for the job sounds scandalous, even an illegal rip off.
I removed the wheel, undid the wire clip, undid one Allan key and pulled it gently out.

I googled a bit more and tested the sensor with my multimeter, it was an open circuit, ie broken.
I have removed it...I can see that it can be quite easy to snap it off.
The most expensive replacement I could find was £26. All those being charged hundreds of pounds for the job sounds scandalous, even an illegal rip off.
I removed the wheel, undid the wire clip, undid one Allan key and pulled it gently out.
Hope I’m not ripped off. Got same problem pretty much.

Back