Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

internal ceiling

L

livvyandrod2022

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Our son borrowed the camper and left his book on the side of the upper bed and then closed the pop up roof. This has resulted in one of the hinges at the back snapping and now you can't push the bed up to make standing room. Has anyone had a similar problem or any suggestions on how to fix?

Our son borrowed the camper and left his book on the side of the upper bed and then closed the pop up roof. This has resulted in one of the hinges at the back snapping and now you can't push the bed up to make standing room. Has anyone had a similar problem or any suggestions on how to fix?
A few others have managed this and I am sure I recall a thread where someone had managed a DIY fix.

The search function is broken again, so might have to wait until that is fixed :(

Try a Google search instead, something like:

site:vwcaliforniaclub.com roof hinge fix

We had the same problem. The only solution was to drill out the rivets and put in a new hinge. I attached a new rivet only at one side and that worked out okay. You need to push the bed up ofcourse and for that you have to loosen the gas springs. Otherwise it won’t work pushing up the bed