Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Internet radio whilst abroad

J

Jester

Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
Grand California 680
I may not of noticed this until I received an email from VW we Connect advising that all my services had been shut down. This happened straight after the infotainment, update, I am travelling through Croatia and my digital speed log changed from kilometres per hour to miles per hour. Not sure if this is related. Anyway, looking through their email to me. It told me exactly what they had shut down. I noted Internet radio which I’ve never clocked before. Has it always been there and I’ve just never noticed it.

Has anybody used the Internet radio service and if so what stations can you pick up as I have only been able to pick up the World Service? Amongst a lot of Italian stations and Croatian stations. Yum

Will

Never used the built in car services, always just use CarPlay and get internet radio of choice that way.

Never used the built in car services, always just use CarPlay and get internet radio of choice that way.
Thanks Gordon,
ill look at that

I think we were chatting about this a couple of threads ago but depending on which infotainment system you got you only get 1 or 3 years free for internet services. We connect will still work, but the ability to lock/unlock doors won’t. The most expensive system gets three years and the other two just the one year.

As for Internet radio, like internet weather and internet news, never used, never will. Played with them at one point and they so slow and faffy it’s not worth the time. They basically just us the vans mobile sim to connect online and stream VW’s desired systems.

As Gordon says, just use CarPlay.

If you like the advanced features of WeConnect (I do) it’s only a small cost considering the van outlay to keep it going. I think I just paid 70 quid of so for the Tiguan. I’ve not checked but I’m guessing OTA updates now wont work either, someone else can advise.

Last edited:
I travelled to and from the Dordogne in France recently. Used the van internet radio all the way and it worked perfectly whilst driving. Not all was motorway driving, quite a lot off the motorway.

Thanks all,

Only managed to pick up the WS whilst in Croatia for a while. Other than that nothing. So will use car play.

Thanks all again.