Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Intro + replacement tyres

PhillM

PhillM

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
Apologies I haven’t introduced myself before, though owning a Cali Ocean for 2 years - called Phoebe.

Never had any issue up until now – apart from leisure battery running down after 4 days on the driveaway though that seems to be cured now after may trips and investigations by Breeze in Poole.

Just had an MOT – passed ok – but they noticed front tyres tread depth ok but “shredded” . Not sure what that meant till they showed me – chunks of rubber missing. We do drive onto campsites (naturally) and we do park up in some New Forest enclosures where tracks can be stony. But think the state of our roads and potholes must take some blame.

Anyway Breeze have offered replacements (at an ok price) from Falken. The originals are Goodyear Vector Cargo. I’m a bit reluctant to change to a make I’ve never heard of.

Anyone have these on their Cali – if so you happy with them? Are they better / as good as / worse than Goodyears?
Many thanks for any insight.

Image[6].jpeg

In your size and judging by the tyre wear I'd go for Goodyear which may or may not cost more than the Falkens

an example source/price

Falken alternative

One of my front tyres is shredded like yours. Passed mot recently and not even mentioned. Mine are the goodyear vector ones too. Only 1 tyre is like that so I was thinking tracking or something may need looking at. I’ll get another goodyear just to keep all tyres on the Cali matching (and to keep my OCD at bay)

Stick with the Goodyears, excellent all season tyres.

Michelin Agilis Cross Climate, Brill!

I'm disillusioned with Goodyears now as one of my Vector 4 Seasons fited on rear has become lumpy, causing thrumming (I thought it was a wheel bearing at first). Not that many miles on it. I gather it's not too uncommon with all-seasons tyre compounds, but the first time for me. Disappointing for what aren't exactly cheap tyres.

Hi everyone. Thanks for your responses. Think I'll stick with the Goodyears. Found a reasonable price at Costco (free fit for members). (Diesel's cheap(er) too if you happen to be near one and a member)

Back