Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter issues

W

willbus

VIP Member
Hi guys. Keen to tap into your wealth of knowledge. Tried to use my inverter for the first time today - bought a 'california' cable thing with the diamond plug, a short lead and a 3 point socket. Inserting the plug into the socket however did not cause the green light to go on and thus a small phone charger did not work. The RCD in the rear cupboard is switched on. Any ideas? Another fuse location?? its a 2010 facelift by the way

Cheers!

when not hooked up and using the inverter I have not switched on the RCD in the rear when hooked up I use the household style plug ( ? does switching on the RCD turn off the inverter ?)

Really? that sounds a bit strange. i cant imagine you have to trip the RCD in order to get the inverter to actually work???

I use the inverter socket a lot for charging phones, camera etc. I'm pretty sure it's independent of the RCD switch; I only turn that on when on hookup, but the inverter socket works at all times. I do find that my diamond plug isn't a great fit in the socket, often requiring an extra shove or wiggle before contact is made and the light comes on.

Still no joy with that damm socket! I have another inverter that I used to use in my old van - might have to resort to that again! Ive checked all the fuses under the passenger seat and even taken the unit off the wall to check it actually has an input! Still nothing. Just wondered if there was another mystery fuse somewhere I hadnt checked!

Thanks anyway