Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Inverter socket not working

P

Phil P-B

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
When I plug a euro plug usb converter into the inverter socket (the one behind the passenger seat) it delivers no power and the indicator light flashes green and red. Has anyone else had problems here?

Thanks for the reply Matt. It's the same when I'm on hookup.

Just make sure you put the plug all the way to the end. It may feel like it's already all the way down, but it just might not be. Just watch out to not push the whole socket out of place. This will be a pain to get it back in place.
Maybe the connection to the plug is not good because of the plastic away from the metal pins.

Don't know if this is all clear?

I thought red and green flashing lights meant low voltage (but I cant be sure) which was the reason I asked about engine running or hookup. The socket will only provide 150watts so I assume its not an item with a heavier drain than that? Can you try it with something small like a phone charger for example?

Had mine replaced in January at VW Poole, about £160, tried it a few weeks later and it didn't work, rebooked and took it in, at first they said I was using the wrong converter plug, so I showed them what I had, and eventually the Mechanic agreed that it was showing power but not providing power, He striped it all out, only to find that when it had been replaced it was wired the wrong way round by their previous mechanic, so It just maybe the case for you as mine now works fine, hope this might help.