Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is it possible to disable the automatic Android Auto wireless connection on a T6.1 ?

Alain

Alain

Vehicle
T6 Ocean 150
Hi there,

My phone is a Samsung S21 which can connect wirelessly with the 9.2" Discover Media Pro on my 6.1 2021 Beach. It connects in two ways: a regular Bluetooth connection with the phone and a WiFi connection for Android Auto. This is very helpful as it allows to have Waze on the car display.

The problem is that Android Auto always automatically connects with the phone whenever I start the car. This eats up battery life on the phone, because the phone GPS is enabled too. I would therefore prefer that the phone only launches Android Auto when I tap the icon on the head unit in the car. Otherwise I always need to plug in the phone for longer trips, even if I don't use Android Auto.

There's no setting on the phone to disable this auto connection. Instead it says it should be disabled in the car settings, but I can't find this specific setting in the VW menus.

Any ideas?

alain

Try have a look at your Android auto settings. Settings /apps /Android auto.

See attached screenshot

Screenshot_20211212-221020~2.png

Yes I checked that, but it appears this is something to be changed in the car settings (check screenshot)

Screenshot_20211213-093441_Android Auto.jpg

On my device "wireless Android auto" switch is about 10 items down.

Back