Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Is this a normal reading on the Control Unit?

MyT6.1whitevan

MyT6.1whitevan

Vehicle
T6.1 Coast 150
My 2023 Coast when charged by a "shore line" shows more than >60 hr available on batteries. Then when I open the doors to clean the van, check things around without turning on any additional demand for power, 30 or 40 minutes later it show as 6 hr 45 mins available or something close to that. I never see 51 hrs or 37, or 18 hrs in between. Either more > 60 or 6 to 7 hrs. I do n ot understand this. What to make out of this. Normal? Sign of a problem?

By the way a quick drive around for 5-10 minutes brings the reading back to >60. Sometimes when it reads 7hrs at 21:00 hour the next early morning the reading is back to >60.

The system is very crude; it estimates the capacity and looks at the current draw at that moment in time and guesses how long it'll last. In reality, the current fluctuates a lot as you turn things on and off (and things like the 'fridge turning on and off). Quite normal, if confusing, behaviour!

My 2023 Coast when charged by a "shore line" shows more than >60 hr available on batteries. Then when I open the doors to clean the van, check things around without turning on any additional demand for power, 30 or 40 minutes later it show as 6 hr 45 mins available or something close to that. I never see 51 hrs or 37, or 18 hrs in between. Either more > 60 or 6 to 7 hrs. I do n ot understand this. What to make out of this. Normal? Sign of a problem?

By the way a quick drive around for 5-10 minutes brings the reading back to >60. Sometimes when it reads 7hrs at 21:00 hour the next early morning the reading is back to >60.
As said above. The hrs left is a very iffy calculation, BUT the voltage is accurate and gives a very good indicator of battery capacity.

IMG_1532.jpeg

my dealer booked me for a software update which showed as available for my van. They will also check/test batteries.

Back