Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Iso top Mk3

Today I have dedicated myself to the adhesive Velcro mount and the Velcro accessories that are fastened on the roof lining. I thought the whole thing was more complicated, but I did! I do not understand 'cause you have to wait two days to fix the' isotop..l 'sticker seemed tenacious ... sara' the bureaucracy of the European Union? hahaha A barbeque spatula steel thread the Velcro pieces blacks helped me much more than my wife ..... my belly and 'a little complained of fatigue but I quickly consoled with a cold beer.!

Today I have dedicated myself to the adhesive Velcro mount and the Velcro accessories that are fastened on the roof lining. I thought the whole thing was more complicated, but I did! I do not understand 'cause you have to wait two days to fix the' isotop..l 'sticker seemed tenacious ... sara' the bureaucracy of the European Union? hahaha A barbeque spatula steel thread the Velcro pieces blacks helped me much more than my wife ..... my belly and 'a little complained of fatigue but I quickly consoled with a cold beer.!
That all sounds good especially the cold beer.

How do you all deal with the isotop when lowering the roof? I have always found it hard to make room for all the fabric where the clamps are. I think I found a solution. After opening up the zipper loosen the frontmost velcro and loosen the velcro at the bottom enough to be able to fold the isotop fabric on to the topper.

i-3NRvdH7-XL.jpg

Strange, my isotop does no problem when you lower the roof .... and then detach and attach the Velcro every time is not good for the duration of the material ....

How do you all deal with the isotop when lowering the roof? I have always found it hard to make room for all the fabric where the clamps are. I think I found a solution. After opening up the zipper loosen the frontmost velcro and loosen the velcro at the bottom enough to be able to fold the isotop fabric on to the topper.

i-3NRvdH7-XL.jpg
All you need to do is to ensure that you stuff all of the fabric (ISO top and canvas) behind the overlock catches and then click them shut. It's not difficult. Don't mess about with the ISO top once fitted as it's not necessary.

Just one word of warning. You must ensure that the fabric doesn't gets pinched in the overlock catch otherwise it will make tiny holes in the canvas and ISO top.

Bringing the roof down with the ISO top in place doesn't make the task any more difficult. Make sure you have a bungee thing fitted round the canvas.

I have been placing all the fabric behind the locks but I think the closing is much easier if at least the frontmost top mounts are drops. Also, it is sometimes hard to see if fabric is outside or inside its place. Each to their own, but I dont like the possibility of making holes in the isotop or the fabric of the roof and this makes it safer in that regard.
Regarding durability of the

Brandrup should include an extra sachet of cleaner and glue

Yes, definitely. The cleaners are alcohol pads, so if you don't have some IPA (not India Pale Ale) in the garage you might find some in a first aid kit like I did.

Another thing the instructions mention but don't really stress is to apply pressure to the self adhesive velcro to aid bonding. This is important! Really a small roller should be used if you have one. I used the handle on my scissors instead. Round, smooth, gets in the corners easy and allows you to put good pressure on as you apply the self adhesive. Just don't poke a hole in your canvas with the pointy end..

IMG_1198.JPG

Back