Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

ISO top fixing in cooler months

B

Bromley47

iVan Sets Off
Vehicle
T6 Ocean 204
The instructions for fitting the Brandrup iso top say fix self adhesive Velcro tape at temps not below 18degC -bit difficult in the cooler months which is when you want it! But can put the heater on and get the temp up to this but then says leave for 48 hrs. Has anyone done this and lowered the roof down during the 48 hrs or do you have to keep the temp at 18degC while the adhesive cures?? Any help appreciated.

I think they mean you have to put on the velcro's (the glue side) at temperature above 18 degC.
Once they stick on, you leave them there and they will stay there, untill they become loose or something?

If you have a look at the following post and the links within you'll see how others have coped, hair dryers etc.
If I recall the 18deg is whats needed to activate the adhesive, so you can get away with a blast from the hair dryer.fitting-isotop-when-cold.28617

i fitted mine in march i didnt leave it i attached the velcro then fitted the isotop straight away no problems at all

Does anyone know of a good video on how to fit the iso top MKIV in English please

Me again... I have fitted the ISO top now but now just need advice on how to fit the front bit. Do I need to drill holes in to fit the velcro pads in to the roof to then attach the iso brand??

Me again... I have fitted the ISO top now but now just need advice on how to fit the front bit. Do I need to drill holes in to fit the velcro pads in to the roof to then attach the iso brand??
You need to push the pieces of Velcro into the gap in the corner of the ceiling so that it can attach to the Velcro pieces on the iso top. (5 places) it can be a bit tricky but if you work the Velcro in from side to side and push at the same time it does go in. No drilling required!

You need to push the pieces of Velcro into the gap in the corner of the ceiling so that it can attach to the Velcro pieces on the iso top. (5 places) it can be a bit tricky but if you work the Velcro in from side to side and push at the same time it does go in. No drilling required!
Thank you for your reply. No drilling sounds good. I did wonder as no screws came with the pack. It is very tight to put these velcro pieces in...Did you use a blunt knife or something to slide in? Also on the velcro pads on the right angle edge there is velcro on one side but not on the other on the top part. Which way do I push this in? Is it with the velcro facing inwards? Also do you mean work the pads into the gap in the position you need them in ?Not sure if there's enough room to slide them. Seems very tight. I will try again tonight hopefully!

Sorry I am still editing the video but its not far off.

To push the tabs in the new £10 notes are good, or some laminated paper or business cards work too.

To push the tabs in the new £10 notes are good, or some laminated paper or business cards work too.
Thanks. I have managed to do it now. thanks for your help. I am sure the video in English will be good as I only managed to find one in German.

Thank you for your reply. No drilling sounds good. I did wonder as no screws came with the pack. It is very tight to put these velcro pieces in...Did you use a blunt knife or something to slide in? Also on the velcro pads on the right angle edge there is velcro on one side but not on the other on the top part. Which way do I push this in? Is it with the velcro facing inwards? Also do you mean work the pads into the gap in the position you need them in ?Not sure if there's enough room to slide them. Seems very tight. I will try again tonight hopefully!
I have done it nw. thanks so much for your helpful info

Back