Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Isofix

P

pete t

VIP Member
Vehicle
T5 SE 174
I have a 2011 61 plate SE180 A California and can't seem to find the Isofix fixings on the bench seat. The manual says they're present I'm looking for two as I have twins, but they continue to be illusive. Any advice please. My Cali was made in 2011 but first registered in 2012 just bought it

They're there: you can be sure of that.
You can see them and locate them best from behind by sticking your head under the back shelf and looking upwards to the hinge of the back rest of the back seat. There are two pairs for two different child seats.
Once you've seen where they, you can more easily locate them from the front by sticking your fingers through the (non-existent) gap between the seat base and back and wriggling them around.
Then it's just a case of ramming th e isofix bayonets through this same non-existent gap.
After doing it a half dozen times it becomes second nature :thumb

But I'm not the slightest bit surprised you're not finding it easy.

Others will come in with a better description I'm sure :rolleyes:

They're there: you can be sure of that.
You can see them and locate them best from behind by sticking your head under the back shelf and looking upwards to the hinge of the back rest of the back seat. There are two pairs for two different child seats.
Once you've seen where they, you can more easily locate them from the front by sticking your fingers through the (non-existent) gap between the seat base and back and wriggling them around.
Then it's just a case of ramming th e isofix bayonets through this same non-existent gap.
After doing it a half dozen times it becomes second nature :thumb

But I'm not the slightest bit surprised you're not finding it easy.

Others will come in with a better description I'm sure :rolleyes:

Thanks my friend that's my job for this evening will report back

Definitely there. As mentioned, view from the back first. I pushed some ribbon through from the back alongside each fitting so as to easily locate from the front of the seat.

They are difficult to locate as they are set further back than in a car. Even now after swapping seat, to and fro with the car, it's difficult to get them lined up.

Try putting your hand palm up in the gap between the seat back and base and feeling for them Start from where the different patterned insert meets the grey upholstery
I had to do this every time I fitted the seat to start with but by now it s become second nature
When fitting the seat I find it easier to push the isofix bayonets in tilted downwards slightly

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This may give you an idea where to search. Taken from behind the seat..

Looking at the bench from inside, they're just to the right of the two seatbelts/brackets on right (near) side or to the left of the left side seat (offside). Feel right under the seat back they're behind it, effectively. Helps if you angle the bench back a step or two.

I've been using them for almost 3 years now and I still have to spend a few minutes locating the little beggars!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back