Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Isotop 04S (and later) Bellows

JuanVecino2023

JuanVecino2023

VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 150
I have a Cali with the 04S double skinned bellows.

Has anyone fitted an Isotop?

Is there any need?

I don’t personally see any point. Might be a struggle to close the roof too. Pretty tight fit with the double skin bellows.

Pretty much my logic. There’s not a lot of space up there.

I have a Cali with the 04S double skinned bellows.

Has anyone fitted an Isotop?

Is there any need?
I have double skin and an isotop and there is plenty of room to close the pop top. I also use a rainbow pop top cover to keep any rain out till vw fix the issue. If I was on a budget I would buy the rainbow cover first (vw actually paid for mine)

There's another unfortunate point to consider; unless you're 100% certain your bellows are watertight, or are using an external topper/wrap (to effectively assure the same result), putting an internal liner in and therefore hiding the bellows from sight means you might not be aware of any leaks if/when they emerge, potentially resulting in water accumulating somewhere or percolating to somewhere it might cause damage?

There's another unfortunate point to consider; unless you're 100% certain your bellows are watertight, or are using an external topper/wrap (to effectively assure the same result), putting an internal liner in and therefore hiding the bellows from sight means you might not be aware of any leaks if/when they emerge, potentially resulting in water accumulating somewhere or percolating to somewhere it might cause damage?
That’s a very good point but from what images I’ve seen on this forum most of the time the water has been sitting on the plastic surfaces which are not covered by the isotop.

That’s a very good point but from what images I’ve seen on this forum most of the time the water has been sitting on the plastic surfaces which are not covered by the isotop.
I think the issue is by the time water is pooling on horizontal surfaces, it's been infiltrating for some time.

Back