SusiBus

SusiBus

2-pedal power Peppa Pig trike
Top Poster
Lifetime VIP Member
Vehicle
T6.1 Ocean 204 4 motion
:hello

Having attended Hollands Wood and SMG Cowfold (excellent BBQ) as Cali groupies, we are pleased to announce that after many years of trying to “conceive” the idea of purchasing a Splitty or an early Bay Bus, we are now proud parents having adopted a one year old Cali.

She is obviously female because of her sat nav voice (be it a rather butch female because she is a 180 4 motion), so we have called her Susi after Suzi Quatro (note the 4 wheel drive connection).

Her first home was in a village adjacent to Hadrians Wall in Northumberland where she endured an inclement climate and developed an aversion to rain and salty roads. We have now brought her south to live in our pleasant little village (!!) that nestles safely adjacent to the protective embankments of the M25 and M1 – SUNNY WATFORD!! (oh dear!).

Sue has got the most important Cali accessory a girl could want – a bike rack – and instead of an early Splitty or Bay Bus, I got a BUS reg number!

We are both well chuffed with our lovely Cali and can’t wait to have her fridge loaded up with beers and set off to meet her cousins at the next Cali gathering.

Graham and Sue Spencer
Watford
SUSI BUS, 180 DSG, 4 motion, Natural Grey

Congratulations on the birth of your new baby daughter Suzi. :clap

May she give her parents many happy times and memories. :D

John

Congratulations Graham & Sue, :thumb

Great to hear you finally got the van, I like the Suzi connection. ;)

My office is in Luton and I normally stay either at the Hilton in Luton or Watford so I may see you around :hello

:cool
Like you we decided to go for a newer Cali - ours is a 2012 ex-demo bought in Aug. The split screen VWs are really funky and I have always loved the Westfalia. But decided in the end that we liked looking at the historical models and taking advantage of all the developments that make living easier,more comfy and eco, in a new van.

On a recent visit to Malvern (which coincided with the Motorhome show) we were treated to many sights of all manner of VW camper vans, lovely paint jobs from elegant shiny apple green and cream, to anarchist dull brown, scuffed and distressed. Also lots of the brilliantly utilitarian looking Westfalias.

Our Van the Van is very beautiful and possibly only needs a bit of trend in the way of fairy lights, bunting and granny crochet blankets to encourage the funky factor that will no doubt come with age anyway. (Wish it had happened to me).

Welcome you two glad you finally decided on a Cali and glad to help :thumb keep us posted of you adventures

Stu said:
Congratulations Graham & Sue, :thumb

Great to hear you finally got the van, I like the Suzi connection. ;)

My office is in Luton and I normally stay either at the Hilton in Luton or Watford so I may see you around :hello

Hi Stu

Sorry not to have replied earlier to your post. Why not pop in if you are in Watford? Give us a ring on 01923 442044.

Back