Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It hurts, being in love...

bmassaer

bmassaer

Vehicle
Please Select
Yes, I am in love. And now it hurts, to see our 2007 Cali - after being together for only five months, being towed away...

What happened? Well, I noticed some vibrations when steering at very low gear. And at once, I found it very difficult and even inpossible to put it in gear while driving. There was a very big resistance... We stopped the car,on standby I could move the gear knob easily again. But after driving for some minutes, it happened again: I was not able to put it into gear. So we were to afraid to drive on with to little girls on board - the bus got towed away to the mechanic. Right now I am waiting for the diagnosis - but I am scared... We drove a '68 Bay Window some years ago, but after experiencing too much problems, we thought to buy a newer version of the VW-bus, hoping we could get by with less mechanical problems...

Luckily, we do have some kind of insurance for this second hand bought car, I hope the insurance will cover this one... IMG_20150308_180521.jpg

Hope its nothing to serious :(

Hope it's sorted soon :(

My fingers are crossed for you.

So we've got a diagnosis... The clutch has been completely burnt and is broken. We had only once driven with a "slipping clutch" (is that the correct translation?) - it was an extremely difficult underground parking place I had to drive out, after which a lot of smoke came out of the engine bay. Do you think it is possible this only event ruined the clutch?

The VW mechanic already changed it and although this repair is not covered by the insurance for second-hand bought care, the dealer says he will cover the cost... Zo I guess this is a very good service we've got...

Do you think it is possible this only event ruined the clutch?

This "one event" wouldn't have caused a complete failure, however it may have been the one that pushed it over the edge... It's a 2007 vehicle and as such you've no idea what it' been through before.

The VW mechanic already changed it and although this repair is not covered by the insurance for second-hand bought care, the dealer says he will cover the cost... Zo I guess this is a very good service we've got...

Excellent result... You now have a completely new clutch, no cost and it's one more thing you shouldn't have to worry about for some time to come.

Glad it's sorted and you can get back to being out and about, enjoying the vehicle. :thumb

Rgds
M

The clutch maybe was already far gone when you bought the car , but i think it's definitly possible to ruin a clutch on just one faulty use....
Glad i'ts sorted out and i my opinion a great offer of the dealer

Thank you all! I do realise we are lucky it got repaired onder warranty. Let's hope we'll have a problem-free car right now!

Back