Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It took almost 5 years – VW brings update for Truma heating

G-A-R-Y

G-A-R-Y

Vehicle
Grand California 680
https://www.grandcali.com/en/it-too...7icRgI8utA3gzBgmuQ_aem_H9z2kX_pZWBthidbmR7wmA

Found this on FB, I hope it works,

"2074574/1 is the number of the TPI! Almost 5 years after the market launch of the Grand California, Volkswagen has not only finally managed to officially admit what everyone already knew anyway, but a solution is also presented.

Every Grand California owner is familiar with this little game: In the middle of the night, the Truma heater switches off for no apparent reason. Volkswagen has tried everything to blame the customer – be it imagination or the installation of a lithium battery… Greetings from Krefeld.

The new TPI now states, quote: “Customer statement: Truma heater switches off without a clear cause.” and further: “Workshop statement: Customer complaints can be understood.”

The cause is – how could it be otherwise – a software problem with the camper unit. The solution to the mystery is an update of the CU to version 0110, funny that the version number is 110.

I can only recommend every GC owner to go to the nearest VW workshop and have this update installed. This finally closes another huge problem with the Grand California"

I'm booked in, soonest the dealer can do is 15th October. They said it's downloaded to laptop then put onto SD card and then loaded into panel.

Back