Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Grand California 600 - Hole in floor next to Truma valve and boiler?

A

AL-at-the-wheel

Vehicle
Looking to buy
Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so please excuse if this question has been asked previously?

I took ownership of a Grand California 600 in September 2023, and I’ve had a few issues so far, certainly a topic for another discussion!

So, this weekend, I was away in the van and the weather has turned rather chilly, with the outside temperature getting down to -5 Degrees C overnight. I had the heating (Truma Combi D6E) on overnight but it switched off and I woke up to find the cabin temperature around 10 Degrees C, when I went to restart the heating I seen that the water tank had been emptied, due to the frost protection valve triggering.
I am aware of the control panel issues from other posts, and the frost protection valve temperature threshold but I was surprised that it functioned given the cabin temperature!?
On investigation I found, local to the valve, a ~ 1” wide hole drilled right through the floor, to the underside of the van, allowing freezing cold air into the space under the rear seat, and I suspect chilling the valve to trip? In your experience has anyone seen this before, and what would the purpose be, if not drilled in error?

Also, has anyone replaced their Truma CP plus control panel with a new iNet X panel?

Thanks for your help.

Al

IMG_6160.jpeg

IMG_6156.jpeg

Hello everyone,

This is my first post, so please excuse if this question has been asked previously?

I took ownership of a Grand California 600 in September 2023, and I’ve had a few issues so far, certainly a topic for another discussion!

So, this weekend, I was away in the van and the weather has turned rather chilly, with the outside temperature getting down to -5 Degrees C overnight. I had the heating (Truma Combi D6E) on overnight but it switched off and I woke up to find the cabin temperature around 10 Degrees C, when I went to restart the heating I seen that the water tank had been emptied, due to the frost protection valve triggering.
I am aware of the control panel issues from other posts, and the frost protection valve temperature threshold but I was surprised that it functioned given the cabin temperature!?
On investigation I found, local to the valve, a ~ 1” wide hole drilled right through the floor, to the underside of the van, allowing freezing cold air into the space under the rear seat, and I suspect chilling the valve to trip? In your experience has anyone seen this before, and what would the purpose be, if not drilled in error?

Also, has anyone replaced their Truma CP plus control panel with a new iNet X panel?

Thanks for your help.

Al

View attachment 116938

View attachment 116939
I confirm that my VW GC600 also has the hole in the same place where you found it.
I tried asking local VW technicians but they too are ignorant of its use; probably for future applications or preparation of cable and/or tube passages for other accessories.

I have not read or heard anywhere about the replacement of the control panel from i-Net to I-NetX but as far as I know it is totally compatible with all versions of Truma Combi mounted on the Grand California.

I am also relaunching the request as it is interesting for remote management via APP.

I confirm that my VW GC600 also has the hole in the same place where you found it.
I tried asking local VW technicians but they too are ignorant of its use; probably for future applications or preparation of cable and/or tube passages for other accessories.

I have not read or heard anywhere about the replacement of the control panel from i-Net to I-NetX but as far as I know it is totally compatible with all versions of Truma Combi mounted on the Grand California.

I am also relaunching the request as it is interesting for remote management via APP.
Hello and thank you for your feedback, that’s most appreciated. I’m glad to hear that the hole in the floor is not a one off!
Regarding the Truma control panel, I will have a look at upgrading as I like the additional connectivity.

Best regards,

Al

Back