Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

Italian Lakes - Where is everyone?

• Thread starter cpjb@btinternet.com
  • Start date
cpjb@btinternet.com

cpjb@btinternet.com

Vehicle
T5 SE 180
I was led to believe that the Lakes would be rammed with Cali's this summer.

Where is everyone? In the couple of weeks so far in Maggiore and Garda we've seen 1 French Cali!!

Great time though, if a little hot.

Ciaou.

Hi!

I just got back from a month in Italy, the last week was spent at camping San Biagio (Manerba del Garda) and the place was packed with Cali's.

A few T6's, 4 or 5 T5's a couple of T4's. Mixture of German, Swiss, Brits and French.

Also a couple of SpaceCampers, which I've only ever seen online before.

Enjoy your trip!

I
Also a couple of SpaceCampers, which I've only ever seen online before.

l like the way you can open up the front of the top-top on the SpaceCamper ("panoramafuncktion") to let a full breeze through and take in the view. Not personally seen that on any other van.

Tempted to take a Stanley knife to the bellows on my Cali... :eek:

We were at Lake Idros a week ago now on the coast.

I was led to believe that the Lakes would be rammed with Cali's this summer.

Where is everyone? In the couple of weeks so far in Maggiore and Garda we've seen 1 French Cali!!

Great time though, if a little hot.

Ciaou.
If you could come and look after our granddaughter on Wednesdays, visit mother in law on Tuesdays, feed No 1 & 3 sons on Thursdays (and do their washing); and also cut the lawn, hedges etc for us each week we will gladly get our Cali out to the Italian lakes :D

At Grosseto area until Sunday, and then heading Rome a coast next to Naples

Just arrived home, spend 4 weeks on La Maddalena, Sardinia, Elba and Como … and Corse. Cali everywhere ;-)

Just back from Lago maggiore. Amazing stay at camping Valle romantica near cannobio. Saw 5 other calis there and passed loads on the road.

We are simply stunned by the beauty of the Lakes - first time for us.

The weather helps admittedly, though we've had a very couple of windy and wet nights on Garda.

Hewitttd - we were just down the road from Mannerba in Moniga at San Giorgio - brilliant area for visiting everywhere - top of the lake, Sirmione, Milan, Verona, Venice etc.

I'm also happy to report that my worries about the new T6 canvas fitted to our van after the roof repair have evaporated. It seems to be very waterproof. Yes - it alway seems to be light inside the roof even at night, but I guess I've got used to it now.

Cheers.

We will be in Lake Garda from Wednesday this week for 4 nights. Not looking forward to the 4am start tomorrow morning though... ;)

hi, I was on San Baggio the same time as Hewittd. The place was full of Californias, Lots of T6s driven by Germans. The man with the SpaceCampers interrogated me on why i didnt wait for a T6, and then proceeded to compare his van against mine. I nearly told him my dad is bigger than his......
Had a mega time there, will be going back.

We are at lake Iseo at the moment. Our first visit to the area and it's stunning.
We made it as far south as Croatia and are working our way back up to the UK. Seen loads of Italian and German Cali's and a few from France and Belgium from T25 to T6. The only other Brit we saw was silver, with a T5 personal plate at Lake Tittisee.

When we came back from Corse -first time, will certainly go back- we went over the Apennines to lake Garda for a swim :)

We are heading to Malcesine on Lake Garda this Sunday. Used to head to Italy on the motorbike with my good lady but now kids have arrived the Cali is the obvious choice... can't wait, it's over 10 years since we were last there.

We were at Camping Spiaggia on Lake Como from the 6th to the 13th! It was glorious! We were the only Cali but it was a small site. There were a couple on our last site: Camping Katzenkopf in Sommerach am Main in Germany.

Lago di Garda on the 13th of July. We started our trip to Italy there, spent two nights then headed south.
A view from Peschiera del Garda:
IMG_4707_zpsiyyolrn4.jpg

Sirmione peninsula:
IMG_4692_zpswws7ayxo.jpg

Sirmione castle:
IMG_4689_zpsy2017h1k.jpg

The only entrance to the city is through the door on the left.

Some more Sirmione:
IMG_4698_zpsuot38h62.jpg

IMG_4699_zps3zhh7ncn.jpg

IMG_4701_zpsozyx53ub.jpg

IMG_4704_zpsdxxs8mjy.jpg

Peschiera del Garda:
IMG_4708_zpstyc0hewq.jpg

IMG_4694_zpsidwur85n.jpg

Back