Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It's about time I said hello and thank you to all! Finally a Cali-Owner!

Scottjpw

Scottjpw

Vehicle
T5 Beach 4Motion
Hey everyone! Absolutely love the forum, I haven't been active but I read most days. This is my go-to site for information and just good Cali related ideas and advice, so thank you for that.

I'm British but have lived in Spain for most of my life. Musician and programmer able to work on the road, finally fulfilling my dream. It's a shame I'm skint with only the basic camper set up but bit by bit will get there

I bought myself an Ex-Belgian police van (T5.1 - Kombi/California BiTDI 180 4Motion 7 speed DSG from 2015) 200kms on the clock BUT after 120k brand new engine so 80k. All revisions done by VW as was paid by Belgian Taxpayers :p

I've had the original T6 pop-up roof installed from the Beach, all seats and panels from the T6 beach also. Dashboard from T6 and Steering wheel, window blinds, all from VW.

Thank you guys and girls! Safe travels!

2020-09-29_18-14-33.png76959434_243725013280577_7594692076784090428_n.jpg1601396332004.png

Welcome.

You must have big balls to buy a Belgian police vehicle. Certainly such a high mileage van.
Good it has had a new engine not so long ago.
And indeed, the police will bring their vehicles to the designated workshops, so I hope for you all the replaced parts are in good condition now.

I've had the belt changed, water pump, oil cooler so far and I did the usual oil and filter changes. Running sweet!
I will have a full service to check Gearbox etc also very soon.

Did get a crackin price though.

Sounds very interesting. I hope you have many happy adventures in it.

If it's ex police it should have been well looked after mechanically.

Btw, you're a brave man standing on a Cali roof. I wouldn't make a habit of doing that. It's only an aluminium pressing and is not designed for that sort of load or use.

Sounds very interesting. I hope you have many happy adventures in it.

If it's ex police it should have been well looked after mechanically.

Btw, you're a brave man standing on a Cali roof. I wouldn't make a habit of doing that. It's only an aluminium pressing and is not designed for that sort of load or use.

Thank you!

Yeah I wouldn't put any weight towards the middle but stood momentarily on the edges where the roof rack rails are for quick snap was totally worth it.. I guessed it was OK as that's where the weight of the roof rack would be, and I'm only 76kg, but thank you for the concern, it definitely crossed my mind.

All the best!

Welcome on board @Scottjpw :thumb All the best on your journeys. Yeah, programming and travel go well together. :)

Enjoy travels and let's hear about your adventures.

:welcome I’m already intrigued to read about your adventures...

Welcome here
Sounds like fun! Did you keep the alarm and horn? That would be an awesome feature!
Happy camping!
Hahaha only interior fairy lights and pathetic little horn, sounds like the little 50cc scooter horns. Definitely need to sort that... almost embarrassing

Cheers! All the best.

Welcome on board @Scottjpw :thumb All the best on your journeys. Yeah, programming and travel go well together. :)

Enjoy travels and let's hear about your adventures.
Thank you! working on the solar power now to keep that juice flowing, that combined with unlimited data... its finally happening.

Take care, all the best!

All the best

:welcome I’m already intrigued to read about your adventures...
Cheers! I have had a few week long adventures and worked out a few little hacks that I will share. Its funny having very little kit the solutions you come up with.
Thanks for the warm welcome.
Take care!

Back