Buy all your VW California Accessories at the Club Shop Visit Shop

It's Dark Brown and its here

With my old t4 we had a situation after the winter when the batteries wouldn't charge. It was due to them being run down completely by me leaving the fridgeonoverthe winter and not charging the battery. The cold weather doesn't help batteries either. Once they've been really deep discharged you just might not get them to charge again. Also - depending on how they are connected if one battery is goosed it Might affect the other as well.

Best get it back to the main dealer. If you're getting 5v readings I bet the batteries are goosed.

Someone prob left the fridge etc on in the showroom or in the storage yard before it was sold....

The embarrassed salesman has agreed to collect the van,replace the leisure batteries and check the charging electronics.
So we have had a weekend of driving a very nice T5 with some unusable camping equipment. :x
Just as we'll because we had 3 cms of snow on Saturday night.

Have the van back with a new charged main leisure battery

but the plug symbol does not display when hooked up with RCD On (Red) so the van is running on battery not mains. Have looked at diagnosis and rebooted the control panel but battery not hook up symbol is displayed.

However, when hooked up the three pin plug behind the passenger seat is live and powers a phone charger.

Any ideas?

I had the same problem,the plug symbol not showing in the LCD display and the mains not charging the battery and it was due to a faulty battery charger. Changed under warranty thankfully

Ahah. That sounds just like my problem.

I had asked the Dealer to check the charger before returning the van to me.

They didn't

But they will :!:

Lets hope they actually check the whole charging and hook up system this time andrew and while they're at it maybe get some product training on checking everything is working and is with the cali before they hand it over to anyone ... :headbang

Hope you get this resolved. Have not had this problem before, but does sound like a possible battery charging issue.

Cheers and good luck

Thanks Alex and many thanks to Choplee for the support you have given :thanks

I had another long conversation with the dealer today and the Cali is on its way back there now.

I'm not going to name the dealer, but this has not been their most shining hour. I just hope they learn from it.

I don't expect to see ChArLIe for a couple of days but I do expect it to be fully functional when it gets back.

Watch this space.

Andrew

We have a fully working Cali.
ChArLIe came back today with a new charging unit and the display is doing what it should. A faulty charging unit is a rare occurrence and that explains some of the challenge in getting it fixed.

The dealer has used this rare issue to improve their preparation processes and from a standing start I have learnt a great deal about the Cali.

But what a relief. ;)

All I need to do now is to work out how to put the fly screens in place. And go on our first trip!

Again thanks for all the support.

Andrew and Ann.

Glad to hear you got it back all well again.all you need now is some better weather :thumb

No worries Andrew that's what the forum is for and I'm always glad to help if I can as the others are :)
Glad to hear the Cali is back all sorted and ready for use ...
Enjoy :)

Back